Tennessee September 30, 2015
10 Things That Everyone In Tennessee Does During The Fall Season
Everyone knows that Tennessee is gorgeous during the autumn season, but what do us southerners actually DO to enjoy the gorgeous place around us? With an air of festivities and so many opportunities to fill too few weekends, we know exactly how you can celebrate like a Tennessean.
10) They HAVE to catch a football game.
This is a serious thing. It's the south, so football is king and the players + their cheerleader girlfriends are queen. Make sure to take in a high school game or something along the professional level when the air is crisp.
9) It's the opportune time to hit up Dollywood - the events are amazing!
Dollywood is a favorite amongst locals, mainly because it completely encompasses local flavor and is wrapped in autumnal colors near the end of the year.
8) You cannot EVEN miss a southern fall festival.
Check out a tiny town and their darling fall festival - it most likely is one of their annual crowning glories other than Christmas, so it'll leave a mark.
7) Or miss checking out your neighbor's awesome fall decor.
People get a bit competitive this time of year, but it's all good. Pull out your inner Martha Stewart and turn your home into an autumn wonderland - that's better than your neighbors, of course.
6) Most cities and quite a few small towns offer fall foliage tours.
We love to enjoy our state to the fullest, so fall foliage tours are a fantastic offering for those of you on a budget with an eye for natural style.
5) And NO one wants to miss the neat haunted houses that pop up!
Southern haunted houses?! Are the best. Maybe it's because of the local folklore, or the land steeped in history.
4) Seasonal Tennessee brews? Amazing.
Tennessee has some awesome breweries popping up all over the state and their seasonal pumpkin beers are pretty dang great.
3) Pick your own produce at a stunning local farm.
The land is bountiful, and so is the opportunity for you to get in touch with your natural side and visit a farm.
2) Then bake it into a pie!
How else are you going to use all of your wonderful apples?!?! And berries.
1) Finish up your autumn season - and begin it - by hiking into the gorgeous unknown.
You simply can't beat the gorgeous reality that is Tennessee.
How many REAL Tennesseans are out there, the natives? Let us know what we missed in the comments below! No one wants to miss out on the beauty that is Tennessee.