Tennessee Dining March 30, 2015
15 Awesome Restaurants in Tennessee That Will Make Your Mouth Explode
If you’re looking for dinner on a dining car or the sweetness of some homemade southern biscuits, then Tennessee has got you covered. Pick up a quirky cupcake at Muddy’s Bake Shop in Memphis or make your way to Nashville for a Mexican paleta from Las Paletas. This is a state for foodies and adventurers alike, so come on down for a trip your tastebuds will never forget.
15) Alcenia's is a Memphis based restaurant that's fun for those seeking a great bowl of macaroni and cheese or fried catfish. It was even a featured restaurant on, "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives."
14) Taylor Swift is a well-known fan of Pancake Pantry, a Tennessee based restaurant that first opened it's doors in 1961. With lines that wrap around the building with tourists during the mid-morning, you'll want to beat the crowds by sneaking in for sweet potato pancakes before seven. Quick hint? That's when all the locals go.
13) At $3 a taco, Mas Tacos Por Favor will make you a lifelong customer. The small storefront has limited hours of operation so the line is always out the door with people ready for a plate of chicken tacos or piping hot tortilla soup. If you're looking for something sweet then try the homemade horchata - you can thank us later.
12) With great down home cooking and lit by a quirky neon sign, Little Tea Shop is sure to catch your eye and shock your tastebuds. If you're ever in Memphis, you know where to go.
11) Las Paletas has two locations in Nashville, Tennessee, each which serves specialty paletas, or Mexican ice pops. With flavors like avocado and chai, Las Paletas will have you coming back again and again.
10) Have dinner on specially reserved Dinner Trains on pre-planned Saturdays in Chattanooga. You can indulge in dessert AND experience a three-course meal on a 1920's dining car. We call that a win.
9) Burgers grilled in 100-year-old grease may not sound the most appetizing, but Dyer's Burgers in Memphis is an age old tradition that'll serve you up a fantastic burger and fries in diet-crashing proportions.
8) A Walland, Tennessee gem, Blackberry Farms is a neat country getaway where you'll not only want to eat, but precisely where you'll want to book a room for the night. Good food and country breezes? Hey there, heaven.
7) 55 South in Franklin, Tennessee has a menu that bursts with gut-busting southern comfort food, from New Orleans jambalaya to everything you could ever want battered and fried.
6) The Chattanooga-based Yellow Deli is a delicious restaurant that boasts a particular edge: it's owned by a religious group known as, "The Twelve Tribes." Come expecting a sandwich and quite the experience.
5) Pick up a Prozac cupcake at Muddy's Bake Shop, a fun Memphis storefront that has delicious baked goods without all the heaviness of sugary preservatives. Head on over for coffee and a pastry, asap! We've found you a new sugar haunt.
4) You may have seen Gus's World Famous Fried Chicken elsewhere, but the East Memphis born original is precisely where you need to go for the hum of nostalgia and crunchy poultry dish. Keep in mind that Gus's is, "not fast food" and the recipes are intense family secrets. You have to show up to enjoy this piece of Southern heaven.
3) Patterson House is a mid-Nashville based bar that is a dim-lighted speakeasy, a hidden gem that boasts specialty cocktails and an hour-long wait time that's worth every minute. Also? Their fantastic tater-tots are to die for.
2) An outdoors old-school diner located on Charlotte Pike, Bobby's Dairy Dip serves great burgers and epic soft serve ice cream cones that you can choose to have dipped in chocolate or peanut butter. Yum!
1) If you're looking for the best homemade biscuits south of the Mason-Dixon line, then you need to pop into Loveless Café. Known for their secret recipes and mouthwatering jams, you simply can't miss it.
Alright guys, your turn. Have you had a biscuit from Loveless Cafe, or fried chicken from Gus’s? Let us know in the comment below, or tell us a yummy place that you love in Tennessee! We can’t wait to hear.