Southern California February 03, 2017
13 Things Every Southern Californian Wants The Rest Of The Country To Know
There’s no question that living in Southern California is quite a gift. Yes, it’s one place that people daydream about visiting, but it’s also just “home” to those of us who live here. Here are 13 things that we want out-of-towners to know about SoCal. It truly is home sweet home.
1. Yes, we actually do have seasons in Southern California. We're just lucky to avoid the worst ones.
2. But sometimes we do like sneaking away to a colder climate where we can get our "winter" fix. But we always love coming back home to sunshine.
3. The Palm Tree isn't our only tree. We actually have many other types of trees gracing our beautiful land here in SoCal.
4. Although, we must admit we're kind of in love with our palm trees...they make us feel at home.
5. We love supporting our local food trucks. We're kind of addicted to ordering something every time we see one.
6. Southern California is more than just gorgeous beaches. We have breathtaking mountains, islands, deserts, lakes, rivers and lush forests.
7. Speaking of beaches...we don't actually hang out and lounge in the sand all day. It's actually a treat for us when we're able to take some time to head to the beach for a fun afternoon.
8. We love having visitors in from out of town. But we get a little burnt out taking everyone to Sea World, Disneyland, the Hollywood sign and every other SoCal tourist attraction. Do you mind if we just stay home and grill for a change?
9. We have a bit of a rivalry going on with Northern California so please don't confuse us with each other. We love Norcal, but we just happen to think SoCal is a bit more special.
10. We're all in love with Coronado. Truth be told, we secretly want to live there...and we just might do that once we win the lottery someday.
11. We take a lot of pictures of SoCal sunsets because they truly are some of the most beautiful colors you'll ever see.
12. And we're also fond of snapping photos of foamy ocean waves crashing against rocks. We just can't help ourselves!
13. We do this because secretly we know it makes everyone who doesn't live in Southern California just a little bit jealous. In a good way.
So now you know! If you’re a fellow Southern Californian, is there anything else you think should be on this list? If you’d like to explore more of SoCal, take a look at these
12 towns you should visit in 2017. There are some heavenly spots on this list.