Southern California October 28, 2016
15 Sure-Fire Ways To Make A Southern Californian Mad
People from Southern California are a pretty easygoing and happy-go-lucky bunch. But just because we are a lighthearted and fun group of people doesn’t mean that we don’t get spun up every now and again. If you want to know what really makes us mad, here are a few ways that are guaranteed to work.
1. Confuse us with Northern California.
Let's get one thing clear: We may be part of the same state, but Northern California and Southern California couldn't be more opposite. Don't get me wrong, we love NorCal. We just happen to love SoCal more.
2. Tell us you have bad traffic from wherever you call home.
No matter what, we will always win that contest. Especially in LA where traffic is always a nightmare no matter what time of day.
3. Leave litter on one of our beaches.
Whether it's a wrapper, bottle, or leftover food containers, seeing trash on the beach will surely make us mad. We are very protective of our beautiful beaches and ocean and want to keep them nice and clean and litter free.
4. Mock the Southern Californian accent by doing an impression of a valley girl or a surfer dude.
Just because you once heard a so-called SoCal accent in some movie from the '90s doesn't mean that we actually talk like that. Like seriously, that's so totally annoying.
5. Assume that everyone drives a Prius.
No, not everyone here drives a Prius. Even though we might all wish we had one after paying $70 at the gas pump for our less fuel-efficient car.
6. Ask us if we wish we had seasons.
Oh we have seasons here, we just don't have the really bad ones like the rest of the country.
7. Bash In 'N Out.
Yeah, we are a bit protective about this beloved burger joint in SoCal. Don't even attempt to tell us it's not as good as everyone says as we might have a thing or two to say about that.
8. Assume that everyone who lives in Southern California is on some special vegan, gluten-free, organic, free-range, macrobiotic diet.
Some of us actually just want a big, juicy burger. And that's why you'll find us at In 'N Out.
9. Make jokes that people from Southern California don't know how to drive in the rain.
Just because it doesn't rain here as much as other places doesn't mean we are incompetent drivers when the rain comes out. We're just not as seasoned as the rest of you who drive in inclement weather four months out of the year.
10. Waste our precious water.
Speaking of rain, we really don't get enough of it here. And yes, we're really in a drought, so use water conservatively.
11. Cut us off on the freeway or don't let us in when we're trying to merge.
Road rage in SoCal is real, so just don't do anything to set us off when we're behind the wheel.
12. Or illegally drive in the carpool lane.
Yes, we get it, traffic sucks. But illegally taking advantage of the carpool lane to bypass traffic is one way to really make someone in SoCal mad.
13. Judge us for renting a house or apartment instead of buying.
Have you seen the price of our real estate in SoCal? Yes, everyone would like to own a home, but the price of an entry level starter home that's the size of a postage stamp is the same amount as a sprawling estate in other parts of the country.
14. Make fun of our waterfalls for not having any water.
Speaking of drought -- stop making fun of our waterfalls that don't have any water. I repeat, we are in a drought. It's heartbreaking to see our once-beautiful waterfalls barely trickling out any water, so stop making jokes because there's nothing funny about that.
15. Carelessly toss a cigarette anywhere that could lead to a forest fire.
Forest fires are a serious threat in SoCal. Carelessly tossing out anything that has the capacity to start a fire is potentially devastating to our land.
Do any of these things sound familiar? If you’re a Southern Californian, what makes you mad?
If you’re also curious about viewing some things that make us extremely happy, here are
18 Towns In SoCal that have the most beautiful scenery.