The Unassuming Town Of Ojai in Southern California Is One Of America's Best Hidden Gems For A Weekend Getaway
What does your ideal getaway look like? For some, it means shopping and wine tasting, while others are looking for hiking and physical adventure. And then there are those who want to settle in and luxuriate for a couple of days. One small, unassuming town offers the perfect weekend getaway, whether you are looking for a laid-back weekend with friends, a nature adventure trip, a luxurious retreat, or some combination of everything. Come along as we explore all there is to enjoy in Ojai, a true gem and one of our favorite small towns in Southern California.
This is just a taste of what the sweet, historic town of Ojai in Southern California has to offer. This town really really does have it all. For more information, check out the Ojai Valley Museum Visitor Center website, as well as the Ojai Valley Museum Facebook page.
Have you been to Ojai? What would your ideal weekend getaway include? Do you enjoy visiting any other small towns in Southern California? Where do you like to go for fun weekend getaways in SoCal? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.
Here are a few other SoCal weekend getaway ideas for you to check out!
If you’re still in the mood for more California adventures, take a look at this video about the Castle Winery in Napa:
More to Explore
More Golden State Adventures
Is Ojai in Southern California?
Yes. Ojai is a charming small town in Southern California.
Where can we find natural wonders in California?
- The Amboy Crater in the Mojave National Preserve rises some 250 feet above the desert landscape and is in an almost perfect symmetrical shape.
- The Cypress Tunnel at Point Reyes is considered one of California’s most iconic and popular tourist spots.
- Lake Helen at Lassen Volcanic National Park offers its own unique perspective of the spectacular surrounding landscape.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful natural wonders in California.
Where can we see holiday lights in Southern California?
- Santa’s Speedway Christmas Lights in Irwindale is an annual drive-thru event offering 2-miles of lighted fun.
- The Sherman Library and Gardens between Laguna Beach and Newport Beach becomes a mesmerizing lighted garden in a fairytale storybook setting.
- The amusement park Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park transforms into Knott’s “Merry” Farm with hundreds of holiday lights at this time of the year.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other places to see holiday lights in Southern California.
Where are some fun facts about Southern California?
- The hottest temperature ever recorded on earth was 134 degrees on July 10, 1913 in the town of Furnace Creek in Inyo County.
- The town of Fallbrook is recognized as the Avocado Capital of the world.
- The famous Santa Monica pier was originally used to move sewage offshore and is over 100 years old.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fun facts about Southern California.