10 Strange Habits Every Southern Californian Will Defend To The Death
If you were born or raised in Southern California, or even if you’ve just lived here long enough to call SoCal home, you can probably relate to a few of these things. Some people may think these things are super strange, especially number 10, but for those of us who live here it’s just part of what makes us true Southern Californians.
1. We are quick to correct anyone who thinks Northern California and Southern California are pretty much the same.
Because, as any true Southern Californian knows, we couldn't be more different.
2. We have at least a hundred photos of SoCal sunsets on our camera phone.
When you live in a place this pretty it's hard to stop snapping pictures.
3. We don't just work out in the gym...we do our workouts in the park.
4. We're all about our sunglasses...even when the sun isn't out.
5. If you are from Southern California you order avocado with everything. Literally everything!
6. We are slightly obsessed with food trucks.
Give us a choice between a food truck and a restaurant and we are likely to pick a food truck every time.
7. Did someone say sunscreen? We have a bottle in our car, in our purse, and in our back pocket at all times because we know just how dangerous the rays can be even when it's cloudy.
8. No matter how many pairs of flip flops we own, we still have that one pair in our closet that we've had for at least ten+ years because they're soooo comfortable.
9. We don't leave our house without packing a bottle or two of water.
Especially if we know we have a long commute ahead of us.
10. We all have the strange, but necessary, habit of not turning on our blinker to change lanes, especially on the freeway, because we know our chances of changing lanes are much better if we just "sneak" in.
Do any of these things sound familiar to you? If they do, you just might be a Southern Californian. And thank goodness for that because people from SoCal are the coolest people on earth as far as I’m concerned.
Even though it’s a blast to live here, there are a few things about living in SoCal that might drive you crazy. If you’re wondering what those things might be, take a look at this article:
8 Things You’ve Grown To Undeniably Hate If You’re From Southern California.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.