The Most Remote Lake In Southern California Is Also The Most Peaceful
Southern California is a fantastic place to enjoy nature, but this is no secret! You might run into many fellow outdoors enthusiasts when you’re exploring hiking trails and water features. If you’re looking for a peaceful break from the crowds, head out to Lake Gregory in California: it’s an awe-inspiring reminder of just how beautiful our little corner of the country really is! What other lakes in Southern California are you hopelessly obsessed with?
Check out this stunning birds-eye view of Lake Gregory:
Lake Gregory is undoubtedly the most peaceful lake in Southern California, and we’re sure that it will become one of your new favorites once you’ve visited. If you’re looking for an escape from the city, this is the best spot for you. What’s your favorite thing to do here? Learn more about Lake Gregory in California in another exciting article we’re sure you’ll love!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Lakes In California
- Where is Lake Gregory in California?
Lake Gregory is located within the San Bernardino National Forest in San Bernardino County. The nearest town is Crestline, California. Its average depth is 80 feet. It’s a popular destination for boating, swimming, fishing, picnicking, hiking, and SO much more – the possibilities are only as limited as your imagination!
- What are the biggest lakes in Southern California?
Southern California is an astonishingly beautiful place, with plenty of lakes and bodies of water other than the ocean to explore and fall in love with. The largest lakes in Southern California are:
- The Salton Sea – This lake is highly saline, 43 feet deep, and measures an amazing 219,520 acres in size. It’s 30% saltier than the Atlantic Ocean. When the water evaporates, the salt is left behind.
- Mono Lake – This lake is also extremely salty, and it’s more than half a million years old (760,000 years+). There are no fish here thanks to the salinity, but there is a native species of shrimp that thrives here. It’s 13 miles long and nine miles wide.
- Clear Lake – This gorgeous Southern California lake is 19 miles long and eight miles wide. It’s popular for fishing, birding, and boating.
Learn more about Mono Lake in Southern California!
- What are some other beautiful lakes in California?
Of course, the above-mentioned lakes in California aren’t the only beautiful lakes in the state – far from it! Some of our other favorite lakes in California are lakes including:
- Lake Arrowhead – With 14 pristine miles of shoreline, this mountain lake is a photogenic wonder you’re sure to love.
- Convict Lake – This lake is literally clear and blue and surrounded by stunning mountains. It’s a photogenic reminder of just how amazing our state is.
- Lake Fulmor – Another photogenic forest lake, this beautiful little body of water is nestled in the San Bernardino Mountains.
Learn more about some of our favorite beautiful lakes in Southern California.