Southern California November 29, 2017
11 Things You’ll Undoubtedly Remember If You Grew Up In The ’70s In Southern California
If you grew up in Southern California in the 1970s, this walk down memory lane will be positively delightful. It’s hard to believe just how much has changed. What are some of your favorite SoCal memories?
1. Anyone who grew up in the '70s in SoCal most likely remembers this version of Disneyland's entrance. The sign has changed quite a bit since then, but this is the one that will always remind us of our childhood.
2. If you grew up in the 1970s here in SoCal, chances are you may have some fun childhood memories stopping at Der Wienerschnitzel for a bite to eat.
3. In 1971 after the major earthquake, LA High was condemned and eventually demolished.
4. Heading to the cinema for the afternoon was always a fun thing to do on the weekend. If you grew up in SoCal, perhaps you remember Edwards Cinema pictured here in Costa Mesa?
5. Whether you worked here or shopped here as a kid, Robinson's was a place where many of us spent a lot of time in the '70s.
6. The Alpha Beta grocery stores that once ruled in SoCal may bring back lots of memories for anyone who grew up in this part of the country in the 1970s. What a blast from the past.
7. If you lived in Orange County in the '70s, there's no question you flew in or out of this airport a time or two. My how things change over time.
8. Long before a popular mall was built at this site, Brea Center was only a vision and hadn't even broken ground yet back in 1976.
9. Who remembers Burgerland? Growing up in the 1970s means you remember what it was like to pay 35 cents for a burger or a malted shake.
10. Back in 1979 the Sunset Strip was filled with billboards of all the hottest musicians of the day -- Judy Collins, Cher, and Eddie Money. In addition to the billboards, just take a look at those vintage cars.
11. And last but not least, long before the internet and social media, people actually spent face-to-face time with friends and played outside at the park while growing up in SoCal in the '70s.
It’s hard to believe just how much has changed over the years. Do you have any fond memories of any of these spots in SoCal?
If you enjoy walking down memory lane, take a look at these moments that happened in SoCal in the