Play With Llamas and Ponies At Lakewood Equestrian Center, Then Explore El Dorado Nature Center In Southern California
Llamas & Ponies & Goats, oh my! Southern California is known for being one of the prettiest places in the country. And understandably so! It boasts sunshine all year round, access to the Pacific Ocean, eclectic food options, and roots in many cultures. It’s also home to many animal shelters and sanctuaries and thousands of acres of preserved land. If you’re looking for cool day trips in Southern California, or just something to do next weekend, we recommend you head over to the Lakewood Equestrian Center for some interactive animal fun. And then head on over to the El Dorado Nature Center for some nature exploration.
So, the next time you have an available weekend or just want to escape the hustle and bustle of city life, make your way over to the Lakewood Equestrian Center and the El Dorado Nature Center. It’s the perfect combination to entertain the family or, for solo travelers, to capture that much-needed solace and alone time.
Have you ever been to either of these wonderful places? If so, what were your favorite parts? Have you ever been to a petting zoo before? What was your favorite animal to feed? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
For another wonderful animal adventure in Southern California be sure to check out the San Diego Zoo Safari Park!
If you’re still in the mood for more California adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
Out and About in Southern California
Where else can we go to enjoy day trips in Southern California?
- Carpinteria is one of California’s quintessential small towns and features a quaint main street area, scenic trails, and delicious dining options.
- Ventura is a quaint village with beautiful beaches, a wonderful harbor, and lots of recreational activities.
- The Sunset Cliffs in San Diego is a very popular destination for beautiful walking trails, breathtaking views, and picture-perfect sunrises and sunsets.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other wonderful places for day trips in Southern California.
Where can we find farmers markets in California?
- The Beverly Hills Farmers Market is a certified farmers market and also features live music and a petting zoo.
- Denio's Roseville Farmers Market in Roseville is one of the biggest and most popular farmers markets in the state.
- The Ferry Plaza Farmers Market in San Francisco is a massive Bay Area market offering everything from fresh produce to meats and seafood, body products, hot prepared food, and much more.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other exciting farmers markets in California.
Where can we find bike trails in San Francisco?
- The Angel Island Trail in Tiburon meanders through beautiful Angel Island State Park and offers spectacular bay views.
- The Mount Sutro Historic Trail in San Francisco offers lush green mini-trail spurs suitable for all hiking abilities.
- The Montara Mountain Trail in Montara snakes through McNee Ranch State Park and is popular with hikers and mountain bikers.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fun bike trails in San Francisco.