South Dakota December 18, 2016
10 Things Every True South Dakotan Has Done At Least Once
As South Dakotans, there are just some specific activities and things most of us can relate to.From taking a back road and embarking on an accidental adventure to buying sweet corn in a parking lot to, there’s just some experiences every South Dakotan has done at least once.
1. Drove a tractor long before you were legally old enough to.
Or just posed atop of it and felt really cool.
2. Started dressing for spring when it was only 40 degrees outside.
You probably then tried to convince everyone you weren’t cold and that you knew what you were doing.
3. Hiked to the top of Black Elk Peak (formerly known as Harney Peak).
And, of course, documented it.
4. Gotten stuck in the ditch and had to have a friendly stranger help push you out.
This picture was taken before a friendly passerby stopped, but if you’re in South Dakota, it’s basically inevitable that it will happen.
5. Tried to explain to a an out-of-stater that South Dakota isn’t the same as North Dakota.
It’s hard not to laugh as you explain something you thought was so obvious.
6. Fell on the ice and immediately looked around to see who saw.
When you live in South Dakota you need to always be aware of treacherous sidewalks.
7. Gotten lost on a backroad.
At least you got to enjoy beautiful scenery on this unexpected adventure.
8. Stayed up way later than you should as a kid have because you were almost positive they would call off school.
9. But when you finally did have a snow day, you had an absolutely epic day playing in your yard.
A day filled with sledding and hot chocolate is always a day well spent.
10. Purchased sweet corn from a stranger in a parking lot.
Because why wouldn’t you buy something from a stranger if it’s absolutely delicious?
We know that there are plenty of activities that could be added to this list. Feel free to let us know about your own unique South Dakota experiences!