South Dakota November 09, 2019
If You Do These 8 Things On A Regular Basis, You Are Obviously From South Dakota
Do you find yourself continually telling out-of-staters that there is more to South Dakota than just Mount Rushmore? When it snows 12+ inches in less than 24 hours, do you even bat an eye? Do you know all of your Oma’s German recipes by heart? If you answered yes to any (or all) of these questions, you are obviously from South Dakota and probably do these 8 things regularly:
1. Let us begin with the aforementioned: You have to explain to out-of-staters that there is more to see and do in South Dakota than just Mount Rushmore...
Yes, Mount Rushmore is probably the most iconic spot in SoDak, and yes, we love it; however, we also have quite a few fantastic towns, outdoor activities, restaurants, and landmarks as well.
2. ...That the cold (and snow) doesn't bother us anyway...
When Houston receives .25 inches of snow, the town shuts down; when we receive .25 inches of snow, it is because it is the first 3 minutes of yet another blizzard.
3. ...And we can make Oma's kuchen and kolache recipe by heart.
Kuchen and kolache = comfort food at its finest.
4. We rarely lock our doors.
Why don't we lock our front door, you ask? Because South Dakota is downright safe, and we know (or are related to) almost everyone anyway.
5. Taxes? Who pays taxes?
Come to find out, almost every other state in the country does, which is why we are #blessed not to have to worry about paying that pesky income tax.
6. We support other state's professional teams regularly.
Go Vikings! Why? It's because South Dakota does not even have a professional sports team to call our own (and that's okay).
7. We let our kids drive beginning at around 12.
Have you ever noticed that there aren't too many car accidents around SoDak? Coincidence (in that we learn to drive young)? We think not.
8. Finally, we use (and know the meaning of) words like crick, pert’ near, and kitty-corner.
Do you use these words and phrases regularly? Then you are DEFINITELY from South Dakota!
Be honest: How many of these things do YOU do on a regular basis? Let us know in the comments! For even more Only in South Dakota humor, check out
Here Are 10 Jokes About People In South Dakota That Are Actually Funny.
Address: South Dakota, USA