South Dakota November 26, 2016
14 Ways Living in South Dakota Ruins You For Life
South Dakota is full of captivating natural scenery and plenty of great qualities that make it a wonderful place to call home. Nowhere else in country can compare to our state, and when we try to live elsewhere, we are simply not easily impressed. Here are 14 ways living in South Dakota ruins you for life.
1. Nothing can compare to the beauty of South Dakota’s countryside.
Other states can't even come close.
2. Traffic is never a major issue.
Sure, construction and icy roads will slow you down once in a while, but you never have to worry about absolutely insane traffic jams.
3. You'll miss experiencing all 4 seasons.
Natalie / Only In South Dakota
Watching the seasons fade into the next will never get old.
4. South Dakota is home to beautiful scenic byways that you can't find anywhere else.
The various routes throughout the Black Hills are breathtaking.
5. Nothing can compare to your favorite local business where everyone greets you by name.
Can you imagine having your morning coffee anywhere else?
6. South Dakota is full of charming, adorable towns.
Ramona is just one of hundreds.
7. You’ll feel suffocated almost anywere else you go.
There’s truly nothing better than open spaces.
8. You can’t beat a South Dakota sunset.
Especially one in the Black Hills National Forest.
9. You’ve become so used to everyone being friendly and kind.
South Dakotan is full of good-natured, welcoming people. Why would you want to be surrounded by anyone else?
10. If you move somewhere that doesn’t snow, you’ll miss out on a magical, white Christmas.
The holiday season is just not the same without the glorious snow fall.
11. You’ll never want to vacation anywhere else.
When your home state is this beautiful, why would you need to?
12. You won't know what to do with yourself when you pull up to a full-service gas station.
You don’t find many of these in South Dakota, so your first experience might be a bit awkward.
13. You can’t beat the low cost of living and high quality of life.
Good ol' South Dakota.
14. Even if you move away, South Dakota will always be your home.
Our state is really something special.
What are some other ways you think South Dakota “ruins” you? Let us know in the comments below.