One Of The Most Unique Towns In America, Yankton Is Perfect For A Day Trip In South Dakota
Are you looking for a day (or weekend) trip that you can only find here in the Mount Rushmore State? If so, you have come to the right place! While it is difficult to narrow it down to just one place, we happen to think the small and charming town of Yankton, South Dakota may be one of the most unique towns around – and not just here, but in all of the U.S.!
Have you ever been to this charming town? If so, what was your favorite part? What are some of your favorite things to do in Yankton, SD? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
Do you have a favorite place that you would like to see featured on Only in South Dakota? If so, use our Nomination Form.
For even more of our favorite unique SoDak towns, check out The Unique Town in South Dakota That’s Anything But Ordinary.
If you’d like to explore trails in and around the area, you can find some great hikes by going to the AllTrails website.
If you’re still in the mood for more South Dakota adventures, take a look at this video:
More to Explore
More adventures In South Dakota
Where can we find other small towns in South Dakota?
- De Smet is literally “the little town on the prairie” from the TV show of the same name that debuted in 1974.
- Wall is where you’ll find one of America’s favorite roadside attractions: Wall Drug Store, founded in 1931.
- Parker is very charming and known for its annual Turner County Fair and lots of rodeos.
Learn more about the other quaint small towns in South Dakota.
Where can we find hiking trails in South Dakota?
- The Bear Butte State Park Trail located in Sturgis leads through a beautiful pine forest and to the top of a mountain.
- The Sunday Gulch Trail located near East Custer is a popular rustic country trail, in part because it is dog friendly.
- The Notch Trail located near Interior features a waterfall and is great for bird watching.
Read on to learn more about some of the other amazing hiking trails in South Dakota.
Where can we find the best pizza in South Dakota?
- Thatzza Pizza in Aberdeen serves your traditional, as well as a daily featured slice, pizzas.
- Dough Trader Pizza in Spearfish serves signature pizzas, salads, and appetizers, and is a cash only enterprise.
- Lintz Bros Pizza in Hermosa says that they can prove that “anything can be turned into a pizza.”
Read on to learn more about some of the many other delicious places to get pizza in South Dakota.