A Trip To South Dakota's Neverending Tulip Field Will Make Your Spring Complete
Spring is in full bloom, South Dakota! It’s the perfect time of year to stop and admire the beautiful blooms that dot the state, and these tulip fields in South Dakota are not to be missed. Visit McCrory Gardens in Brookings, South Dakota, to see the vibrant, colorful tulips this spring. Get there before they’re gone! This tulip field in South Dakota is really something else!
Have you visited these tulip fields in South Dakota before? If not, check out the commercial for this South Dakota flower farm to get excited for your trip there.
Now that you’re in the mood to explore, take a look at these exciting attractions in South Dakota!
More to Explore
Spring Fun In South Dakota
What are some fun road trips through South Dakota to get the season started?
A great way to ring in spring is by getting out on the open road and taking one of these fun themed road trips through South Dakota:
- The South Dakota waterfalls road trip only requires two and a half hours of drive time and takes you to four beautiful falls throughout the state. Bonus, it's a convenient loop!
- Take this road trip to find the best barbecue in South Dakota. You'll stop at six different mouth-watering restaurants along the way.
- The South Dakota castles road trip leads to six different castles over nine and a half hours. You're sure to feel like you've stepped straight into a fairytale on this trip.
Are there any wildflower hikes in South Dakota I can go on?
If you want to breathe in the fresh spring air and see some pretty blooms along the way, these wildflower hikes in South Dakota will be right up your alley:
- Harney Peak is a 7.2-mile hike marked as moderate. The elevation gain might be tough but the flowers you see along the way will keep you going, and the view from the fire tower at the top is more than worth it.
- Little Spearfish Trail in Spearfish Canyon is a nice easy loop trail. There are tons of wildflower fields along the trail, just bursting with color.
Which waterfalls in South Dakota should I visit?
There are some gorgeous waterfalls in South Dakota well worth visiting. Here are a few you absolutely must check out:
- Bridal Veil Falls is over 60 feet high and considered one of the most majestic falls in the state. Best of all, you don't even need to hike to see it!
- Sioux Falls is right in the center of town and surrounded with walking paths that allow you to see these massive falls from all different angles.
- Spearfish Falls, is a very short hike through a charming forested area to reach these 47-foot falls. The whole journey feels a lot like walking into a fairytale.