11 Things You Must Know About Dating Someone From South Dakota
If you are lucky enough to find yourself dating someone from South Dakota, you know you’ve found a real catch. Attractive and rare, South Dakotans should be treasured and loved. If you are in it for the long term, there are some things you are going to need to know.
1. Not all of us live on farms.
Most of us do but not all. Plenty of South Dakotans are from urban areas and have never driven a tractor. Don't just assume we know everything about farm life because we are from an amazing agricultural state.
2. When you meet our parents, there will definitely be hot dish.
And it's definitely called hot dish. You know its going to be awesome because South Dakota moms make the best food.
3. Yes, we call it pop.
And no, you won't be able to get us to call it soda instead.
4. No matter how cold the coldest weather you've ever been in, we have experienced colder.
It's the wind. It's always the wind that makes it so, so cold.
5. There's a good chance their dad will be cleaning a gun when you meet him (if you're a boy).
Try not to worry. He is just doing this to intimidate you. (So maybe worry just a little bit and have your date home early.)
6. Your significant other will be tougher than you.
Having grown up in South Dakota, you learn to buck up. You learn work ethic, live in a rural area and survive the cold. All of these things make South Dakotans mega tough.
7. We are loyal to a fault.
Don't make us choose between you and our friends and family. South Dakotans are loyal to the end which makes us great partners.
8. You will definitely have to go apple picking.
One of our favorite fall activities is apple picking. And seriously, what could be a cuter couples activity?
9. And ice skating.
As apple picking is to fall, ice skating is to winter. Which means cute couple dates all winter long.
10. Please don't make fun of our "accents."
We really don't have accents. But if you think we do, you're definitely not allowed to make fun of them.
11. Though South Dakotans are usually humble and nice, its best not to insult our state.
Loyal as we are, South Dakotans will defend our stunning state to the end. Because, really, there is no better place to live.
If you can relate to more than half of these, you’re probably dating someone from South Dakota. What tips do you have for someone dating a South Dakotan?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases.