As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
Are you feeling stressed and looking for a way to de-stress and unwind? Looking for a way to experience the scenic splendor of this great state of ours? In search of a “home base” for your epic outdoor adventures in SoDak? Or simply wondering about a romantic cabin getaway for two? In search of world peace? We get it — and the solution to all of these quandaries is booking one of the following best cabins in South Dakota.
Okay — maybe not “world peace,” but we do think everyone would be a bit happier after a stay in one of these SoDak cozy cabins!
Affordable Cabins in South Dakota
Enjoy the best of the Mount Rushmore State without breaking the bank when you check into one of these adorable *and* affordable cabins in South Dakota:
1. Family-Friendly Vacation Cottage with Hot Tub (Glenham) Address: Glenham, SD Size: This cabin has four bedrooms and two bathrooms and accommodates up to 10 guests. Price: Varies by night, with the average around $199/night. Amenities: Full kitchen, high-speed Wi-Fi, washer/dryer, hot tub, infrared sauna. Ratings: N/A - this newer rental has yet to be reviewed!
Family-Friendly Vacation Cottage
is located in Glenham, approximately a 10-minute drive east of the town of Mobridge which sits along the beautiful
in this part of the state. This cabin rental is about as quaint and charming as they come! In addition to the hot tub, the Vacation Cottage can accommodate up to 10 guest that can spread out among the four bedrooms and upstairs bedroom loft. There are also two full bathrooms, and a wealth of other amenities tucked inside a homey ambiance.
2. Bobcat Retreat Address: Lead, SD Size: This 1,200 sq. ft. A-frame cabin has three bedrooms and one bathroom and accommodates up to six guests. Price: $208/night. Amenities: Wood-burning fireplace, private deck with hot tub, easy access to area trails, cozy decor and furniture. Ratings: 4.6/5.
is an impossibly charming A-Frame that's peak
. We especially love this cabin as a winter getaway; sitting in the hot tub while snow falls sounds like the best thing ever!
Luxury Cabins in South Dakota
A “luxury cabin getaway” is not an oxymoron, at least not in South Dakota! Below are some truly amazing luxury cabins in South Dakota perfect for your next vacation.
3. The Outback Address: Lead, SD Size: This spacious cabin has four bedrooms and three bathrooms and accommodates up to 14 guests. Price: $338/night. Amenities: WiFi, full kitchen, private deck with a hot tub, proximity to close to the Gilded Mountain clubhouse with a heated pool year around and other amenities for guests to take advantage of. Ratings: This cabin comes highly rated by guests!
Luxury is the name of the game at
, a well-appointed cabin rental in the mountains of South Dakota. This beautiful log cabin boasts three levels of space that's perfect for a large family or group getaway. With its location near outdoor recreation (including snowmobile and ATV trails) as well as five-minute drive to Deadwood, this cabin is the perfect home base for an epic SoDak adventure.
4. Luxury Timber Frame Cabin
Colonial Pine Hills, SD 57702, USA
Address: Colonial Pine Hills, SD Size: This 1,200 sq. ft. cabin has two bedrooms and two bathrooms and accommodates up to six guests. Price: $438/night. Amenities: Full kitchen, custom stone wood-burning fireplace, expansive deck with a hot tub and fire pit, prime location just minutes from Custer State Park and Mt. Rushmore. Ratings: 4.9/5.
beautiful timber frame cabin
will sweep you off your feet with its rustic luxury and scenic surroundings. Watch big horn sheep, turkeys, and deer roam the wide-open property from a large deck (plus hot tub) or the comfort of its modern-yet-rustic interior.
Romantic Cabins in South Dakota
Does it get any more romantic than a cozy cabin for two? We don’t think so, and after viewing these romantic cabins in South Dakota, we think you’ll agree!
5. Contemporary Retreat Near Custer Address: Custer, SD Size: This immaculate cabin has four bedrooms and two bathrooms. Price: $489/night. Amenities: Spacious chef's kitchen, high-end mattresses and linens, gorgeous outdoor spaces, ample parking, a hot tub, and zen garden. Ratings: 4.89/5.
fall in love
near Custer, South Dakota. Walk through the cherry red front door of this glorious getaway into a spacious villa decked out in a Mid-Century Mod style. A fully-stocked chef’s kitchen leads into a cozy sunken living room and opens up to a spacious backyard patio with a zen garden, hot tub, and secluded hammock. It doesn't get more romantic or luxurious than this!
6. The Notch Cabin Address: Keystone, SD Size: This cabin has two bedrooms and one full bathroom. Price: $320/night. Amenities: This brand-new cabin features an apartment-sized kitchen, private deck with a gas grill and fire pit, and secluded location just 60 ft. from one of South Dakota's most remote national forests. Ratings: 4.9/5.
Bright and airy,
The Notch Cabin
is a delightful change of pace from the typical log cabin rental in South Dakota. The Notch Cabin is a brand new cabin at Hinterwood situated just 60 feet from national forest land, making hiking right out your front door easy!
Secluded Cabins in South Dakota
South Dakota is a beautiful state with so many wonderful places to
get away from it all, including these secluded cabin rentals: 7. Secluded Cabin Rental with Expansive Deck (Rapid City) Address: Rapid City, SD Size: This cabin has three bedrooms and one full bathroom and accommodates up to eight guests. Price: Averages around $447/night. Amenities: Hot tub, full kitchen, gas grill, fire pit, WiFi, TV, and more. Ratings: N/A - this cabin has yet to be reviewed on Glamping Hub.
Secluded Cabin Rental
outside Rapid City, SD, is easily one of the best getaways in the state. If you love outdoor living, you are going to go crazy for this cabin rental, which feature three bedrooms, one bathroom, and sleeps up to six. A roomy family room and living area make for a super cozy getaway in the wilds of South Dakota!
8. Rustic Secluded Log Cabin (Deadwood) Address: Deadwood, SD Size: This massive cabin has five bedrooms and three bathrooms and accommodates up to 16 guests -- plus pets! Price: Rentals average around $600/night. Amenities: Wood-burning fireplace, TVs in every bedroom, hot tub, fire pit, outdoor games, fully-stocked and outfitted kitchen, WiFi, and more. Ratings: 5/5.
Rustic Secluded Log Cabin
is the perfect place to
get away from it all
without sacrificing comfort. No matter what time of year you visit, you'll find that this
rustic secluded log cabin
will be a one-stop-shop for all things rest and relaxation. The cabin is located right in the heart of the beautiful Black Hills, so you know the backdrop is nothing short of dreamy. When not indoors dispersed with family and friends between the five bedrooms, living room, or game room, you can enjoy the hot tub which is covered, making it an oasis even in the dead of winter.
Cabins in South Dakota with Hot Tub
Soak up the lap of luxury in SoDak — literally! — when you book a getaway in one of these charming and cozy cabins in South Dakota with a hot tub.
9. Red Canyon Ranch (Black Hills) Address: Custer County, SD Size: This 1,100 sq. ft. cabin has two bedrooms and one full bathroom and accommodates up to six guests. Price: $419/night. Amenities: This spacious ranch-style cabin has it all: full views of Red Canyon from three sides, rustic floors and cabinetry, slate fireplaces in the living room and master bedroom, an outdoor hot tub, and so much more. Ratings: 5/5. Red Canyon Ranch
is located in the beautiful
of South Dakota, an area that offers some of the most dramatic scenery you can imagine. And that is exactly what you’ll experience at this stunning accommodation in the Red Canyon area. The proprietors are calling this place the Red Canyon Ranch -- and it is a stunning beauty. This lodge-pole pine dwelling encompassing 1,100 square feet features four bedrooms and can accommodate up to six people. Although the view from every room in the cabin is dramatic, those from the outdoor hot tub are simply captivating!
10. Family-Friendly Luxury Cabin Rental in the Black Hills (Lead) Address: Lead, SD Size: This cabin sleeps up to 12 guests. Price: $961/night. Amenities: This luxury cabin has a hot tub, rock-gas fireplace, formal dining area, full kitchen, and more. Ratings: 5/5.
Luxury Cabin in Lead
is the place to go if you want to
get away from it all
-- with a large group! Accommodating up to 12 guests, if you're looking for a getaway in one of the most beautiful regions of SoDak, this is it!
Have you been to any of these awesome cabins? What did you like about it? We’d love to see your photos and hear about your experiences!
If you have a favorite place that you would like to see featured on Only in South Dakota, please
nominate it! For even more of our favorite Mount Rushmore State accommodations, check out This South Dakota Glampground Was Just Named One Of The Best In America!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
More to Explore
Best Cabins in South Dakota
Where can I find secluded cabins in South Dakota?
Located in the heartland of the United States, South Dakota spans 77,116 magnificent square miles, much of which is undisturbed and rural. So if you're looking for a secluded cabin, you're in the right state! We like looking for secluded cabins in South Dakota in areas such as Custer, Deadwood, Rapid City, Lead, and Keystone. For example, we found this
remote cabin in SoDak that's both close to trails and also totally away from it all.
How much do cabin rentals cost in South Dakota?
The Mount Rushmore State has an incredibly low cost of living compared to other states, meaning you can find some truly amazing cabin rentals in South Dakota for very reasonable prices! Cabin rentals in our state generally cost between $200 and $400 per night, and sites like VRBO let you filter your search by price range, which makes it easy to find a cabin rental in SoDak that fits in your budget!
Are there pet-friendly cabin rentals in South Dakota?
There are! Pets need the
South Dakota cabin experience, too; and happily, there are a number of pet-friendly cabin rentals in SD pretty much everywhere. We recommend using the filters on VRBO and Airbnb to refine your search to pet-friendly cabins in the Mount Rushmore State.
Explore South Dakota