The Hidden Gem Seafood Spot In South Carolina, Driftwoods Seafood & Steak Restaurant, Has Out-Of-This-World Food
It’s difficult to fathom that the seafood capital of the world would have a hidden seafood spot! But Driftwoods Seafood & Steak Restaurant in Murrells Inlet is such a place, a hidden gem that is one of the best seafood restaurants in South Carolina.
Learn some of the history of this scrumptious restaurant:
Have you ever eaten at the Driftwood Restaurant? What did you have? Share with us in the comment section! For additional details and the complete Driftwoods Seafood & Steak Restaurant in Murrells Inlet menu, visit the restaurant’s website and follow Driftwood’s Facebook page for updates. If you’re visiting the area, be sure to check out the MarshWalk while you’re there and stop by the Lazy Gator, one of the best gift shops in South Carolina, for a souvenir, homemade fudge, and some shopping fun.
More to Explore
South Carolina’s Tastiest Foods
What are the most classic dishes in South Carolina?
The most classic dishes in South Carolina include:
- Pimento Cheese. This is cheese mixed with mayonnaise, cream cheese, and pimentos and is found all over the state.
- Southern Fried Chicken. In South Carolina, this can be made savory or spicy with an egg batter that is to die for.
- South Carolina Barbecue. There are different regions, some with a sweet yellow mustard sauce and some with a spicy vinegar and pepper sauce.
- Hoppin’ Johns. This is a dish made with rice and black-eyed peas that is traditionally eaten on New Year’s Day.
Learn more about the most classic dishes in South Carolina.
What are the best candy shops in South Carolina?
The best candy shops in South Carolina include:
- RocketFizz. This is the place to go to get your fix of candy and soda and it has a vast selection of both.
- Candy Girl Confections. Located in Myers Park, this candy shop has elegant displays of sweet confections ranging from old-fashioned favorites to yummy chocolates and gummies.
- barCHOCOLATE. This little shop makes small-batch, artisan chocolates using local and fresh ingredients with no extracts or flavorings.
- Petit Philippe. This is a combination of a wine bar and a chocolatier where you can get some of the most scrumptious wines and chocolates in the state.
Find out more about the best candy shops in South Carolina.
What are the most iconic foods in South Carolina?
The most iconic foods in South Carolina include:
- Boiled Peanuts. While this is a popular treat all over the South, it is most certainly a staple in South Carolina.
- Shrimp and Grits. Pick some shrimp out of a low county boil and throw them on some hot buttered grits and you’ll have this amazing dish.
- Okra. People in South Carolina love their okra and serve it up in a multitude of ways: steamed, fried, boiled, you name it.
- Frogmore Stew. This is synonymous with the lowcountry boil where shrimp, corn, sausage, and potatoes are boiled with a mixture of spices and eaten by hand right off the table.
Discover more about the most iconic foods in South Carolina.