This Lake In South Carolina Has The Clearest Most Pristine Water In The State
The biggest playground in the Palmetto State, Lake Jocassee, is 7,500 acres and, in places, is 300 feet deep. The minute you arrive at this mountain reservoir, you’ll be impressed as this is the bluest, clearest lake in South Carolina. But, what all can you do at Lake Jocassee in South Carolina? Is it really one of the best swimming lakes in South Carolina?
No matter how much time you spend at or on Lake Jocassee in South Carolina, it is time well spent! The perfect staycation is waiting for you at the clearest lake in South Carolina. When can you go?
Devils Fork State Park is the only public access to Lake Jocassee. Devils Fork State Park is open on a first-come, first-served basis. When the park reaches capacity, you’ll be directed to another park. For this reason, during the summer months, it’s especially important to get to the park as early as possible. Click here to learn more about this state park’s hours, fees, policies, and more.
clearest lake in South Carolina
How can I prepare for my trip to Lake Jocassee in South Carolina?
Lake Jocassee is the clearest lake in South Carolina and the perfect destination for a relaxing getaway. However, to have a memorable and incredible experience, you want to come to the lake prepared. A few tips to prepare you for your trip to some of the clearest water in South Carolina include:
- Safety must be a priority. Make sure you pack plenty of sunscreen. If swimming, kayaking, or simply spending time in the water, bring life jackets for every member of your family. There are no roped-off swimming areas or lifeguards on duty.
- Lake Jocassee is one of the most popular swimming lakes in South Carolina and it can become crowded very quickly. It is best to arrive early at the lake to find the ideal location. Plus, if the park reaches capacity, you may be directed to another park.
- Bring plenty of snacks and lots of water. Even though you are in the water all day, it is easy to become dehydrated.
- If you own kayaks, paddleboards, rafts, etc., bring them along. While Lake Jocassee is one of the best swimming lakes in South Carolina, it is also the perfect water to enjoy these vessels. If you don’t own any watercraft devices of your own, don’t worry. There are rentals at the lake or you can take a tour.
- If you truly want to see all that the clearest lake in South Carolina has to offer, sign up for a tour from a local company. The best tours will take you to some incredible waterfalls and show you a part of Lake Jocassee in South Carolina that you might have missed. Do your research to find the best tour company for your needs and wants. Each company typically offers different tour options.
What’s the prettiest lake in South Carolina?
Lake Jocassee is certainly the clearest lake in South Carolina, and one of the prettiest. Other stunning bodies of water in The Palmetto State include Lake Marion (the state’s largest lake, in fact), Lake Moultrie, and Lake Murray!