The Underrated Brissy Ridge and Pipsissewa Loop Trail In South Carolina Leads To A Hidden Turquoise Lake
What’s not to love about South Carolina’s state parks? The state does a wonderful job of protecting and presenting some of the most beautiful places right here in our own backyard. Case in point: the 1,540-acre Paris Mountain State Park is located just six miles from downtown Greenville. The park offers swimming, hiking, picnicking, kayaking, fishing, camping, and a 4.4-mile trail that leads to a hidden lake in South Carolina that’s truly worth the effort of getting there.
Paris Mountain State Park’s North Lake just might be the most hidden lake in South Carolina. If you were to do a search for “best state parks near me,” it would most likely pop up at the top of the list! For more information, check out the South Carolina State Parks website.
Have you ever been to Paris Mountain State Park? If so, what was your favorite part? If not, is it a place you’d like to see in person soon? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
For more reasons to love Greenville, keep reading 11 Reasons To Drop Everything And Visit This One City In South Carolina! And if you’re interested in making a weekend trip to Greenville, there is no better place to spend the night than The Westin Poinsett, Greenville.
If you’re still in the mood for more Palmetto State adventures, take a look at this video about the Kiawah River Pelicans:
More to Explore
More to Love About South Carolina
Where can we find the best places to live in South Carolina?
- Edgefield is a charming small town with lots of history and one of the safest cities in South Carolina.
- Blackville is a delightful rural town and is famous for its God's Acre Healing Springs.
- Six Mile is a popular town because it's close to beautiful Lake Keowee, which offers lots of recreational activities.
Read on to learn about some of the other wonderful places to live in South Carolina.
Are there any celebrities from South Carolina?
- James Brown, better known as "The Godfather of Soul," was born in Barnwell.
- Famous jazz trumpeter, composer, and singer Dizzy Gillespie was from Cheraw.
- Actress Andie MacDowell was born in Gaffney.
Read on to learn about some of the many other celebrities from South Carolina.
Where are some fun facts about South Carolina?
- Although Georgia is known as "The Peach State," South Carolina actually produces more peaches than any other state east of the Mississippi.
- Morgan Island, which is unfortunately not open to the public but serves as a private research lab, is home to 4,000 monkeys.
- America’s first museum was established in Charleston in 1773.
Read on to learn about some of the many other fun facts about South Carolina.