Take A Train Ride At The South Carolina Railroad Museum For A Unique And Exciting Outing
Much of South Carolina’s expansion and growth in the 1800s can be attributed to the development of the railways in the Palmetto State. If there’s one place in the entire state where you can ride a train just for the sheer pleasure of it, it’s in Winnsboro. You’ll get a real kick out of the best train ride at the South Carolina Railroad Museum, and here’s why…
The South Carolina Railroad Museum is located at 110 Industrial Park Rd, Winnsboro, SC, 29180. For complete information, see the new South Carolina Railroad Museum website!
Have you ever ridden the Rockton, Rion and Western at the South Carolina Railroad Museum? We’d love to hear all about it over in the comments! And be sure to keep up with this cool South Carolina train ride and try all of its events throughout the year.
For another scenic adventure, take a look at this video of an incredible waterfall in South Carolina:
More to Explore
South Carolina Railroad Museum & Related Info
What are the most unique things to do in South Carolina?
The Palmetto State is full of fun things to do, including some that you won't find many other places:
- The only tea plantation in the United States is located in Wadmalaw Island. The Charleston Tea Plantation makes incredible tea and you can explore it through tours or even a trolley ride.
- The oldest oak tree on this side of the Mississippi River, the Angel Oak, is located on Johns Island and is supposedly over 1,500 years old. Many people visit the huge tree and are wowed by its beauty.
What are the best day trips in South Carolina?
Beyond train rides in South Carolina, there are quite a few fun things you can easily spend an entire day doing:
- You can visit a mountain winery along the Cherokee Foothills Scenic Byway called the Victoria Valley Vineyards. Enjoy the wine and the incredible views for one memorable day out.
- Try checking out the most overlooked town in South Carolina: Georgetown. From its history and lovely scenery to the adorable downtown area, there is plenty to see and do there.
- You can even take the time to head out to the state's supposed Fountain of Youth, hiding in the woods near Blackville, SC. It is said to have healing powers - plus, the area it's in is incredibly scenic.
What can I do with kids in South Carolina?
If you've got little ones, you'll be happy to know there are many family-friendly outings in South Carolina:
- Kids will love visiting places like the Cypress Gardens Butterfly House, a 2,500-square-foot building full of plants and beautiful butterflies.
- Visit Richardson's Lake Water Park in Warrenville on a hot summer day for plenty of fun family memories. It's a retro-style waterpark and recreation area that's perfect for a cooling splash.
- Or get the kids out into nature and visit one of the many South Carolina state parks, such as Devils Fork State Park, with a wonderful lake to swim in, picnic by, or canoe on.