Go Sledding On The Sand Dunes In Rhode Island For An Outrageous Winter Day
When the state is plummeted with snow it means one thing – it’s time to go sledding in Rhode Island! And when that opportunity arises, you should head to one of the best of all Rhode Island sledding hills – the Big River Desert, which is what locals often call the sand dunes at the Big River Management Area. Sled the sand dunes at this natural area in West Greenwich for an epic winter day.
Have any questions about the Big River Management Area? Check out the Rhode Island Water Resources Board website, where you’ll find maps, info on upcoming events, and lots more.
So, does this answer the question, “Where to go sledding in Rhode Island?” Have you ever been winter sledding at the sand dunes? If so, what do you think? Is the Big River Desert one of the best places to go sledding in Little Rhody? Know of any other can’t-miss Rhode Island sledding hills? We want to hear from you, so share your thoughts and photos with us in the comments.
Sledding in Rhode Island is just one way to have fun during the winter season. There are several others, including paying a visit to Newport. One of the best winter towns in Rhode Island, it transforms into a true winter wonderland during the year’s colder months.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Sledding In Rhode Island
Aside from sledding in Rhode Island, what are some other things to do in Rhode Island in winter?
There are lots of ways to have fun in Rhode Island in winter, including:
- Winter Hiking in Rhode Island
- Ice Skating in Rhode Island
- Snow Tubing in Rhode Island
- Winter Getaways in Rhode Island
Are there any winter festivals in Rhode Island?
There are several winter festivals in Rhode Island. Here are a few of the season’s top events:
- Newport Winter Festival
- WaterFire’s Holiday Celebration in Providence
- Winter Wonderland Festival in Woonsocket
- Pawtucket Winter Wonderland
What are the best holiday events in Rhode Island?
Here are some of the best holiday events in Rhode Island:
- Holiday Lights Spectacular at Roger Williams Park Zoo
- The Conway Christmas Lights Extravaganza in Coventry
- Lewis Family Light Show in Warwick
- Picozzi Family Christmas Display in Warwick
- Santa’s Magical Drive-Thru Christmas Display and Musical Light Show in Exeter