Nature January 11, 2017
11 Things Every Rhode Islander Wants The Rest Of The Country To Know
Rhode Islanders sure are a unique group of people. With thousands of tourists visiting Little Rhody each year for its wonderful coastal attractions, there are quite a few things that might seem a little different about the way of life here. Some things require just a little extra explanation. Here’s some of the most important things about the Ocean State that everyone should really know before visiting.
During these uncertain times, please keep safety in mind and consider adding destinations to your bucket list to visit at a later date.
1. Our state offers more than just beaches.
Though Rhode Island is nicknamed the Ocean State, it is filled with amazing state parks each offering something gorgeous. From Arcadia Management Area and Burlingame to Lincoln Woods and Buck Hill Management Area, the options are endless.
2. There are other places on the coast to visit besides the beaches.
The Newport Cliff Walk, gorgeous mansions, monuments, historic societies, and so many other great attractions line the coast. They're definitely worth seeking out.
3. Only frozen lemonade is worth ordering in state.
No other lemonade compares! Del's and Mr. Lemon are arguably the best options.
4. The state might not be located on an island, but its gorgeous islands are definitely worth visiting.
Newport, Portsmouth, New Shoreham, Middletown; the list of amazing towns found on islands off the coast just goes on and on.
5. Coffee Milk is the best way to drink your milk in the state.
Rhode Island's official state drink is coffee milk for a reason and you'll never look at chocolate milk the same way again.
6. When the beaches get crowded, there area always amazing swimming holes to visit.
Kettle Pond, Lincoln Woods, there are so many gorgeous places to swim that get overlooked compared to the state's coast.
7. If you've never had a clam cake, you're missing out.
A world without clam cakes is just depressing. These battered and fried treats are the best way to eat clams in the state. Get them with a side of chowder for pure bliss.
8. You'll never find a diner as good as the ones in Rhode Island.
The first diner in the US was established in Rhode Island and ushered in a wonderful tradition of amazing comfort food served in classic style diners all over.
9. No, the weather forecast is never correct.
Every true New Englander knows to expect the unexpected when it comes to weather. Always have ice melt, an umbrella, and sunscreen ready year round.
10. Rhode Island has some of the best seafood around.
If you're in the state you can rest easy knowing you're enjoying amazing seafood. It'll be difficult to order seafood again once your standards are set so high.
11. The architecture is simply stunning.
Rhode Island is filled with a blend of colonial homes, Gilded Age mansions, and other gorgeous buildings across the state. Many of which offer tours.
For more information about Rhode Island, click