This Epic One-Day Road Trip Across Rhode Island Is Full Of Adventures From Sunrise To Sunset
A one-day road trip in Rhode Island can take us anywhere. We have nearly unlimited options. This Rhode Island road trip, however, will fill the day – from sunrise to sunset – and include some of the most stunning scenery in the entire state.
Drive time is short, too, and includes a ferry ride to Block Island. Here are the Google Map directions. Tailor them to your needs; add a stop if you want, or reverse the order of the road trip. It’s all up to you. Whatever you do, have fun on your RI day trip!
We hope you have fun on this scenic day trip in RI, with all those scenic views and a stop at the Coast Guard House, what could be better? There is plenty more to do and see in this fine state. What’s your favorite one-day road trip in Rhode Island? Let us know in the comments!
Next time you’re craving an old-fashioned, hearty sandwich, make your way to this old-school general store in Rhode Island.
More to Explore
More scenic views and fun road trips in RI
What are some scenic day trips in Rhode Island?
Rhode Island has plenty of scenic areas to explore, with charming towns, downtown riverwalks, and scenic views of the ocean and rivers that surround and weave through the state. Here are a few scenic day trips in Rhode Island to keep you entertained and enlightened:
- Downtown Newport: Newport is a charming historic New England city that has amazing restaurants, museums, and live music to enjoy each and every time you visit. It is one of those towns you can walk around and see new things each time you return.
- Roger Williams Park and Zoo: Located in Providence, RI this family-friendly activity can be turned into a day of fun exploring the park, watching geese and ducks play in the pond, and of course the zoo itself for a wide selection of wildlife. Paddle boat rentals are also available for a cruise around the lake.
- Little Compton: All of the Rhode Island charm you look forward to can be found in Little Compton. From beautiful scenic views to vintage shops, lovely restaurants, or a wine tour at Carolyn's Sakonnet Vineyards.
- Downtown Providence: Rhode Island's small town big city is the hot spot of the state when it comes to high-end restaurants, art museums, and musically diverse nightlife. With scenic views of the Providence River lit up at night along the riverwalk, downtown Providence is a must-see day, or night, trip.
- New Shoreham: This enchanting small town on Block Island is the perfect spot for a day trip in RI. This tiny town of 1,000 residents can explode with visitors during the summer months when upwards of 20,000 people visit per day! The area is simply stunning with lush hillsides opening up to perfect sandy beaches and pristine blue-green ocean views. If you enjoy hiking, swimming, snorkeling, or simply walking on the beach you'll love it here.