13 Unforgettable Things You Must Add To Your Rhode Island Summer Bucket List
Summer in Rhode Island is an unforgettable experience. This comes as no surprise when you consider the number of warm weather attractions and activities found in the state. From beach days to seafood festivals, here are 13 things you should make sure are on your Rhode Island summer bucket list.
1. Take a trip on the Block Island Ferry!
The short trip to Block Island is just so worth it and is a classic Rhode Island experience.
2. Once you make it to Block Island you need to see the Mohegan Bluffs.
They are massive, beautiful, and located at a lovely beach.
3. The Newport Cliff Walk is magical and unique!
This walking path boasts beautiful scenic views, and has several Gilded Age mansions to explore along the way.
4. Exploring downtown Newport is another must-have Rhode Island experience.
There are dozens of amazing restaurants, historical attractions, and so much more!
5. Providence WaterFire makes the city come alive with music, food, and other entertainment.
Definitely visit WaterFire soon if you haven't been yet!
6. Order clam cakes and chowder.
It's just so Rhode Island and so important.
7. Roger Williams Park and Zoo is tons of fun!
It offers amazing exhibits, a wetlands walking path, and fun events throughout the summer.
8. Explore downtown Providence on a nice day.
With so many historical sites, wonderful parks, and even a great night life scene, walking around Providence in the summer is always a good idea!
9. Visit as many beaches as you can!
Each one offers something a little different.
10. Drinking a lot of Rhode Island's favorite frozen lemonade should be on everyone's summer bucket list.
This one probably even goes without saying!
11. You'll definitely want to make sure the annual Seafood Festival is on your bucket list!
Don't miss this year's festival in Charlestown on August 5th, 6th, and 7th.
12. Explore as many state parks as possible!
Beavertail is an especially important one to visit.
13. Visit the Newport Creamery for ice cream and Awful Awfuls.
This Rhode Island tradition is definitely worth having!
Can you think of anything else that should be on everyone’s Rhode Island summer bucket list?
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Explore Rhode Island