Shannock Falls In Rhode Island Will Soon Be Surrounded By Beautiful Fall Colors
The end of summer is a sore subject in Rhode Island, and this one has seemed especially short (but don’t they all?). That being said, even the most diehard summer lovers can admit that autumn in New England is truly something special, particularly in the Ocean State. And while you’ll find plenty of places in the area to take in the beauty of the fall foliage, we highly recommend heading to Shannock Falls before winter.
Check out this awe-inspiring video to see Shannock Falls at its most furious:
Have you ever been to this quaint waterfall in Shannock, RI? Autumn is definitely the time to check it out! Other than Shannock Falls, what are your favorite waterfalls in Rhode Island? Let us know! And, pro tip: Rhode Island gets chilly in the winter, so consider bringing a light jacket! If you don’t have one, our friends at The North Face can help.
More to Explore
- How big is Shannock Falls in Rhode Island?
Shannock Falls, also known as Horseshoe Falls in Rhode Island, is a small-but-mighty waterfall located in the town of Shannock. It’s man-made and not overly enormous, but it’s beautiful, nevertheless. In the fall, it comes alive with amazing color and is one of the coolest places to go to enjoy the autumn weather. Sure, it’s not the tallest, but it’s gorgeous anyway! Learn more about easy-access waterfalls in Rhode Island.
- What are some other notable waterfalls in Rhode Island?
Obviously, Shannock Falls is far from the only waterfall in Rhode Island. There are plenty of other awesome waterfalls in RI, such as:
- Ponaganset Falls – This waterfall is best visited after a good, solid rain when it’s sure to be roaring and beautiful.
- Old Slater Mill National Historic Landmark – There's a photogenic waterfall present at this old landmark that cascades through the Blackstone River. It’s gorgeous, especially when the land around it is lush and green.
- Kenyon Mill Falls – This waterfall is one of those must-see spots in Rhode Island during the fall thanks to its amazing waterfall against a backdrop ablaze with color.
Learn more about each of these waterfalls and more on one of our awesome Rhode Island waterfall road trips.
- Where can I see some amazing fall color in Rhode Island?
Rhode Island – and all of New England – is an amazing place for fall color, and there are so many awesome spots worthy of your attention that we can’t list them all here. However, some of the best places to view fall color in Rhode Island are places like:
- Lincoln Woods State Park – This incredible state park in Rhode Island comes alive every year when its trees turn shades of bright gold and brilliant orange.
- White Mill Park – This Rhode Island park is a photographer’s dream, and in the fall, this is even more so the case!
- Ninigret National Wildlife Refuge – Meander the trails here and be amazed by the incredible combination of colors.
Learn more about the best places to see fall colors in Rhode Island.