Rhode Island February 24, 2016
13 Images People From Rhode Island Will Immediately Recognize
From the state’s beaches to legendary restaurants, there are many things Rhode Islander’s will immediately recognize. Here are 13 places and brands every Rhody resident can identify.
1. The Newport Towers in Narraganset remind us that we're almost at the beach!
2. If you don't recognize the Iggy's sign, we hope you visit them soon for clamcakes and chowder. They're conveniently located in both Warwick and Narragansett.
3. The Newport Bridge is an amazing sight every time! Few things compare to driving over the bay with the windows down in warm weather and seeing the boats and lighthouse in the distance.
4. Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence is a fond childhood memory for most people who grew up in the state.
5. Del's Lemonade! Need we say more?
6. The Providence Waterfire is just so very Rhode Island and so very magical to look at.
7. The Newport Cliffwalk and especially the Breakers Mansion are easy photos to recognize. It's just such a wonderful attraction.
8. While the state has so many amazing beaches, most Rhode Islanders would agree that Scarborough is the easiest to recognize. While it is wonderful, most residents leave it to the tourists in the summer and scout out lesser-known spots.
9. If you made it through winter 2015 in Rhode Island, you know - the one with record breaking snow accumulation, give yourself a pat on the back. We might not want to talk about it, but we all recognize photos like this with snow covered walkways and bus stops.
10. Coffee milk syrup is an obvious addition to this post of easy to recognize Ocean State photos.
11. The Newport Creamery, which has several locations throughout the state, will always be a Rhode Island tradition.
12. There's just something magically unique about downtown Newport. Maybe it's the history buzzing through the streets, or the island air. Either way this shot does a great job at showing it.
13. Ok so maybe Dunkin' Donuts isn't state specific, but let's face it. Rhode Island is a state that "runs on dunkin". There's a reason there's one on what feels like every corner.
We’re sure there are some images we left out so please tell us about your favorite classic Rhode Island images in the comments!