Rhode Island Nature June 27, 2016
by Jeana Here Are 13 Things You’ll Never Catch Anyone From Rhode Island Doing
Rhode Islanders are a funny bunch! The customs and rituals shared amongst the people of the smallest state are not only strong, but crucial to living in the Ocean State. There are so many habits we all share, and many we avoid! Here are 13 things you’ll never catch a Rhode Islander doing.
1. Drinking their Del's with a straw.
Rhode Islanders will also definitely not use a spoon either. It's just wrong.
2. Turning down an ice coffee.
This just feels like a crime!
3. Ordering their coffee with cream and sugar.
Rhode Islanders order a coffee with cream and sugar as a "regular coffee".
4. True Rhode Islanders do not support the Yankees.
In fact, they only support the Red Sox.
5. Giving directions based on actual route names will never happen in the state.
All directions will be based on Dunkin Donuts locations, or businesses that are no longer there.
6. Putting the coffee milk syrup in after the milk.
Syrup first, then milk.
7. Not appreciating the beauty of the Ocean State.
The people of Rhode Island are fully aware of how beautiful the state is.
8. Ordering their hot wiener as anything other than "all the way."
This is the only way to eat a hot wiener in the state.
9. Not enjoying a gorgeous summer night.
From concerts and WaterFire to outdoor festivals and more, there are just so many amazing things to do in the summertime in Little Rhody.
10. Buying anything but bread and milk right before a storm.
You'll have a hard time finding any on the shelves!
11. Missing out on a beach day in the summer.
It's pretty easy to know where to find a Rhode Islander on their mornings off in the summer.
12. Ordering one of these as a "milkshake."
They're called cabinets in Little Rhody.
13. Leaving Rhode Island and not returning.
The people of Rhode Island tend to stay in Rhode Island.
Want to learn more about Rhode Islanders? Check out this article about
weird things only people from Rhode Island do!
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.