Rhode Island Nature February 29, 2016
by Jeana 11 Ways Living In Rhode Island Ruins You For Life
Rhode Islanders all know their wondrous little state has so many things that are either exclusive to the area, or just done better than most other places. These are the customs that make us love our state, but also ruin a lot of other places for us when we visit. Here are 11 ways living in Rhode Island has ruined things for us.
1. Our beaches are almost too good.
Try going to most other beaches after Rhode Island and you'll just end up feeling disappointed.
2. Our architecture is incredibly impressive.
There are so many amazing walking tours and photo opportunities to be had all over the state showcasing our historical buildings.
3. You try ordering a frozen lemonade in any other state.
It's really just a sad experience in comparison to Del's Lemonade in the summertime.
4. The clam cakes and seafood are always delicious.
Even our worst clam cakes are better than most other places.
5. Try eating a donut after you've had one from Allie's...
Or don't, because it won't be worth it.
6. If you're a history buff, no other state compares to the opportunities to visit historical sites than Rhode Island.
From the industrial revolution, to our colonial history, there are tours and museums all over.
7. Few other capitol cities are as exceptional as Providence.
From the food, the culture, the music, and more, Providence is a small city that makes other small cities feel like a disappointment.
8. Our parks all have amazing nature views.
There are many other national parks all over the country that have beautiful sites, but there is just something extra special about the Ocean State.
9. A pizza in Rhode Island is probably better than a pizza from just about anywhere else.
The Italian population makes sure our pizza standards are set higher than the rest of the country.
10. While we're on the subject of food, Rhode Island's restaurants have truly ruined most other restaurant experiences for us.
There are just so many amazing places to dine.
11. In addition to having Dunkin Donuts on almost every corner, we also have some of the nation's best small coffee shops.
Visiting other states that don't understand how important good coffee really is might be the biggest disappointment of all.
Can you think of other ways Rhode Island has ruined things for the people that live there? Let us know in the comments.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.