Rhode Island's Heated Outdoor Pool Is All You Need This Winter
As local travel experts, we know what travelers are looking for when it comes to finding the perfect accommodations for their next trip. To compile our lists, we scour the internet to find properties with excellent ratings and reviews, desirable amenities, nearby attractions, and that something special that makes a destination worthy of traveling for.
Winter’s positively breathtaking in Rhode Island. However, no matter where we are in the coldest season of the year, we all get a bit of spring fever. While winter might be beautiful, nothing compares to slipping into the pool or the ocean for a leisurely swim or float. Did you know that you can still enjoy an outdoor swim even in the dead of winter in Rhode Island? Yep, Rhode Island’s heated outdoor pool is a tiny piece of paradise.
If you’ve been searching for “heated outdoor pools near me,” you’ve just hit the jackpot! Have you been to Rhode Island’s heated outdoor pool during the winter? Or have you gone in the crystal clear pool any other time of the year? Let us know in the comments! For another winter adventure, make your way to the snowiest town in Rhode Island, or check out one of the best hiking trails in Rhode Island.
More to Explore
Winter In Rhode Island
What are some of the best things to do in Rhode Island in winter?
You probably won’t find a more enchanting way to spend a winter day than relaxing in a heated pool, but there are plenty more charming things to do in Rhode Island in winter, including:
- Spend a few hours gliding around the rink at BankNewport City Center in Providence. You might also want to try bumper cars on ice.
- Bundle up for a day of zooming down the hill on a snow tube at Yawgoo Valley Snow Tubing Park in Exeter.
- Head over to Goddard Memorial State Park in Warwick for a day of cross-country skiing after a fresh snowfall, or explore one of its scenic hiking trails. Ice skating and snowshoeing are also popular winter activities at this Rhode Island state park.
Are there any winter hikes in Rhode Island?
Sometimes nothing compares to a brisk winter walk, especially after it snows. Here are some of the best places to go on a winter hike in Rhode Island:
- Go on a short stroll or check several of the picturesque trails at Ninigret National Wildlife Refuge in Charlestown.
- Weetamoo Woods in Tiverton boasts seven miles of hiking trails, all of which range from easy to moderate when it comes to difficulty.
- Tallying 16.5 miles, Blackstone River Bikeway is predominately flat and absolutely spellbinding in the winter. Stroll along some or all of it for an idyllic winter adventure.