Rhode Island Nature January 02, 2017
15 Things Every True Rhode Islander Does At Least Once Before They Die
Rhode Island is a small state with tons of personality. From amazing places that simply be visited, to local cuisine, there are many things that are all too familiar to the locals. Many of these things have become things you simply must experience to get the full Ocean State experience. Here are 15 things that simply must be done in the state.
1. You must try a Del's Lemonade.
Pro tip: Avoid using a straw.
2. Every Rhode Islander spends an afternoon exploring Roger Williams Park Zoo.
Found in Providence the park and zoo features acres of gorgeous walking trails, exotic animals, and even swan boats.
3. Everyone makes it a point to drive by and wave to the Big Blue Bug on I-95 through Providence.
Nibbles Woodaway is a local celebrity, after all.
4. You'll order clam cakes and chowder while in the state.
Iggy's Doughboys and Chowder House is one of the best choices in Warwick and Narragansett.
5. You'll spend an entire day at the beach.
Make sure to bring a cooler of snacks!
6. You'll definitely want to stop by Providence WaterFire and take in the magic.
The river comes ablaze with the perfect mood set by eclectic music, food trucks, and entertainment.
7. The people of Rhode Island have all tried the official state drink of coffee milk.
From Autocrat to Dave's, there are quite a few delicious brands to experience.
8. Rhode Islanders have all "sailed away on the Block Island Ferry."
Block Island is one of the most popular attractions in the state during the summer and features amazing restaurants, gorgeous beaches, a nature reserve, and so much more!
9. You will definitely want to order an Awful Awful from the Newport Creamery.
This amazing ice cream shake comes in so many flavors and each one is delicious.
10. While in Rhode Island, everyone should visit the cliff walk and tour the Newport Mansions.
The views of Narragansett Bay are unmatched and the amazing Gilded Age mansions are simply breathtaking.
11. Attend the Scituate Arts Festival in the fall.
Featuring dozens of local artisans, rare finds, and entertainment, the Scituate Arts Festival is an amazing local event.
12. You've ordered a hot wiener "all da way," at Olneyville N.Y. System.
Definitely don't call them a hot dog!
13. You'll have to attend a Gaspee Days parade.
This annual parade commemorates the burning of a British warship in 1772 by Rhode Islanders.
14. To have the true Rhode Island experience, you'll have to have a pizza strip at a family party.
Why order real pizza, when the tradition of party pizza remains?
15. Going apple picking in autumn is the perfect way to enjoy the season in Rhode Island.
The historic orchards found in the state are each so wonderful!
For more great things to do in Little Rhody, click