The Spot To Eat
The Spot To Eat is quite literally the spot to eat in Sidney. The Spot Restaurant got its start in 1907 by Spot Miller, who brought his chuckwagon into town and set up business at the corner of Court Street and Ohio Avenue. The city didn’t want him to sell food this way, and his solution was to remove the wheels and add a few awnings to create a “permanent” structure.
Several owners, various name changes, and 25 renovations later, and The Spot is still in business, complete with the trademark mid-century modern neon sign hanging over the front door.
The eatery serves up traditional American diner fare, including sandwiches, salads, burgers, fries, soups, and old fashioned pies.