New Strand Theatre
The New Strand Theatre was built in 1910 as the West Liberty Opera House. In the late 1920s, the space was converted into a movie theatre and operated as such through the decades, despite belonging to various owners. It has also been used in several live performances – including those of the Eulenspiegel puppet company in 1999.
The theatre’s equipment was updated in the late 2000s, from film projection to digital. In addition to movie showings, the theatre also holds piano recitals, weddings, family reunions, screenings, and live acts.