Pennsylvania June 12, 2015
10 Undeniable Things Every True Pennsylvanian Has Done At Least Once
Every community has the bizarre, seemingly disparate experiences that hold it together. From our weekend choices for fun activities, to our frustrations with the weather, there are some things that all Pennsylvanians will have experienced. Here are ten of the necessary things you must do before you can really call yourself a Pennsylvanian.
1. Spend a crisp fall afternoon picking way more apples than you'll ever manage to eat.
But how can you resist when each one is more perfect than the last?
2. Visit Philadelphia to enjoy the city in all its glory.
The history, the museums, the food-- it's hard to beat Philadelphia as far as day-trips go. And while you were in Philly you undoubtedly...
3. Enjoy a Philly Cheesesteak.
They're perfect. Unless you're vegetarian, that is.
4. Eat Shoo Fly Pie.
And shooed the flies away, no doubt.
5. Enjoy a breath of fresh air on one of Pennsylvania's many hiking trails.
Miles and miles of wilderness to explore.
6. Dance the Chicken Dance.
We love our polka here. If you've been to a Pennsylvania wedding, BBQ, or other summer event, chances are you've been subjected to the Chicken Dance.
7. Enjoy a snow day.
When snowflakes are in the forecast, you know you might just be in luck.
8. Appreciate the gorgeous fall foliage.
Every year, many people travel to the northeast to admire the leaves' transition to hues of orange, red, and yellow. We are lucky to have this annual performance occur right in our backyards.
9. Dig frantically through your closet for clothing that (shouldn't be) in season.
The weather changes rapidly and without warning... I recommend keeping some pieces from every season out of storage, just to be prepared for the unseasonable days.
10. Put electric candles in the window of your house.
Just as pretty as the real thing, and without the fire hazard!
What would you add to the list? Tell us in the comments below!