These 6 Themed Train Rides In Pennsylvania Will Give You An Unforgettable Experience
Pennsylvania’s railroads provide the perfect opportunity to drink in the spectacular fall foliage, celebrate the Christmas season with Santa, and welcome spring alongside the Easter Bunny. During the rest of the year, most of the railroads offer regular, scenic trips to allow Pennsylvanians to experience an authentic train ride. For a truly unique experience, however, we suggest that you reserve a spot on one of these six best themed train rides in Pennsylvania.
Dinner train rides in good ‘ole PA don’t get any better than this!
These six best train rides in Pennsylvania are just the tip of the proverbial iceberg. Have you ever been on any of these exciting lines? If so, which ones were your favorites? Would you agree that some of these offer the best scenic train rides with dinner? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
If you love the rails, you might also want to embark on these five best day trips in Pennsylvania. And if you like the outdoors and hiking, there are plenty of hikes along these routes. You can get more information by going to the AllTrails website.
If you’re still in the mood for more Pennsylvania adventures, take a look at this video about the Philadelphia Magic Garden:
More to Explore
More to Love about Pennsylvania
Where can we find historic restaurants in Pennsylvania?
- Hublersburg Inn - Located in Howard, it is a truly enchanting remote Bed & Breakfast Inn and restaurant serving up some of the best food in the region.
- Bube's Brewery, Dining, and Entertainment - Located in Mount Joy, this establishment dating back to 1876 offers themed murder mystery dinners, fine dining underground in The Catacombs, and ghost tours.
- McGillin's Olde Ale House – Located in Philadelphia, it is now the state’s oldest continuously operating tavern.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other historic restaurants in Pennsylvania.
Where can we find hiking trails in Pennsylvania?
- The Copper Kettle Trail - Located in Somerset, it is only one mile long and is particularly beautiful in the wintertime.
- The Chickies Rock Overlook Trail - Located in West Hempfield Township, this trail offers spectacular views of the Susquehanna River, is dog-friendly, and is wide and gentle enough for strollers and those needing wheeled methods of movement.
- The Raymondskill Creek Trail – Located in Dingman Township, this trail leads to Raymondskill Falls, the tallest waterfall in Pennsylvania.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other exciting hiking trails in Pennsylvania.
Where can we find campgrounds in Pennsylvania?
- The Deer Run Camping Resort in Gardners has both primitive and deluxe campsites as well as a full lineup of activities.
- The Colonial Woods Family Camping Resort in Upper Black Eddy offers a lot of amenities like a spa, heated swimming pool, children's spray pool, and miniature golf.
- The Splash Magic RV Resort by Rjourney in Northumberland offers a rustic camping experience with traditional tent and RV sites, cabins, and a waterpark.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other beautiful campgrounds in Pennsylvania.