Pittsburgh November 28, 2016
10 Struggles Everyone In Pittsburgh Can Relate To
As diverse as Pittsburgh and Pittsburghers are, we all share a number of common experiences. Among those experiences are the following 10 struggles of living in Pittsburgh to which most of us can relate.
1. You drive down the Parkway East at or maybe above the speed limit when – BAM! - you have to slam on your brakes. Tunnel traffic.
2. You procrastinate going grocery shopping and the local meteorologists announce a potential snowfall. Now you're going to be shopping elbow-to-elbow with the milk/bread/toilet paper crowd.
3. You turn on the heat and the air conditioner the same day and start the day in winter clothes and end it in summer clothes.
4. You go out of town and use “pop,” “yinz,” or “n'at,” only to get strange looks by the locals.
5. You set the alarm extra early every morning during the summer because you know you will deal with the headache of construction all over town.
6. You read the comments from other Pittsburghers on social media stories and run into the same troll on every local news station's page.
7. You use the back roads as a short cut to avoid traffic and you find yourself stuck behind a lollygagging driver going slower than the speed limit.
8. You strategically avoid a nasty pothole only to slam into another one.
9. You're always prepared for a deer to run in front of your car.
10. You are always asked if you went to Pitt because, well, you're from Pittsburgh.
Sure, there are some struggles of living in Pittsburgh, but they are surely outweighed by the
many things that make Pittsburgh so special.