Pittsburgh December 05, 2016
17 Undeniable Reasons Why Everyone Should Love Pittsburgh
Pittsburghers know what makes Pittsburgh so amazing. It’s why we live here, after all. But, those who have never been to Pittsburgh may not understand –
yet. Here are 17 undeniable reasons why everyone should love Pittsburgh
1. The Past: Whispers of Pittsburgh's past, which dates back to 1758, is evident everywhere, from the Fort Pitt Blockhouse to the Old Allegheny County Jail.
2. The Present: While honoring the past and looking toward the future, Pittsburgh has a pretty amazing present as a technological and medical hub.
3. The Future: Many of Pittsburgh's tomorrows look bright – thanks, in part, to the city's top notch universities – Pitt, Carnegie Mellon, Point Park, Chatham, and the list goes on.
4. The Food: Why travel the world when you can find every type of food – and much of it homemade – right in the heart of Pittsburgh?
5. The People: Pittsburghers always have a warm smile, a ready conversation, and will always lend a helping hand.
6. The Sports: Pittsburgh's earned the title of City of Champions for a reason. Make that three reasons: The Steelers, the Pirates, and the Penguins.
7. The Cultural Scene: World class theaters – Heinz Hall – and museums – the Carnegie Museums – call Pittsburgh home.
8. The Four Seasons: Pittsburgh's got 'em and sometimes all in one day.
9. The Language: Every city lays claim to its own accent but Pittsburgh has its own language with its very own dictionary.
10. The Diversity: Pittsburgh welcomes everyone.
11. The Creativity: Pittsburgh and creativity are the proverbial two peas in a pod.
12. The Shopping: From charming neighborhood main streets to sprawling suburban malls, Pittsburgh's got you covered when it comes to shopping.
13. The Water: The Three Rivers offer plenty to do for outdoor enthusiasts: boating, kayaking, or cruising on the Gateway Clipper.
14. The Views: From the top of Mount Washington to emerging from the Fort Pitt Tunnels, you'll find the most spectacular views in Pittsburgh.
15. The Bridges: No city in the world has more than Pittsburgh's 446.
16. The Roads: Pittsburgh boasts the steepest road, Canton Avenue, in the United States.
17. The Heart: Home is where the heart is and for those who live, or have lived in Pittsburgh, that's perhaps the top undeniable reason to love Pittsburgh.
Pittsburghers know why everyone should love Pittsburgh but…here are
several reasons our beautiful city is vastly underrated in the U.S.