Stroll Back In Time With A Visit To The Charming Town Of Smicksburg Near Pittsburgh This Christmas Season
Christmastime is magical just about everywhere we go: From the busyness of the big city to the merriness of the tiny villages. However, the small towns that dot the state take on an extra aura of enchantment during the holiday season. Maybe it’s because they remind many of us of the quaint small towns, blanketed in snow, that we see on Christmas cards and in Christmas movies. Journey to this Christmas town near Pittsburgh for an old-fashioned Christmas celebration this holiday season.
Have you been to this enchanting Christmas town near Pittsburgh during the holiday season? Share your experience in the comments! For more Christmastime fun, plan a visit to the Zoo Lights drive-thru experience at the Pittsburgh Zoo this holiday season.
All of those Christmastime adventures mean one thing: Lots of photos! Don’t forget your camera, so you can capture all of those memorable moments.
More to Explore
Christmas In Pittsburgh
What are some other Christmas towns in Pennsylvania?
Smicksburg, PA is just one of the many charming Christmas towns near Pittsburgh. But what if you want to travel further afield from Smicksburg, Pennsylvania? Here are some more Christmas towns in Pennsylvania that belong on your holiday bucket list:
- A visit to Bethlehem, Pennsylvania’s Christmas City, is a surefire way to get into the Christmas spirit. Check in overnight at the Historic Hotel Bethlehem, which is elaborately decorated for the holidays.
- Stroll through a real-life Bedford Falls when you visit the darling town of Indiana at Christmastime, host of the It’s A Wonderful Life Festival.
- Bundle up for a leisurely walk through Koziar’s Christmas Village, a magical Christmas lights display with more than one million twinkling lights.
- Celebrate an old-fashioned Christmas in Jim Thorpe, beloved as the Switzerland of Pennsylvania, and an idyllic backdrop for a holiday adventure.
What Christmas towns in PA have the best Christmas light displays?
One of the best ways to get in the Christmas spirit is to take a drive through the neighborhood to look at the Christmas lights or to visit one of the best Christmas light displays in Pennsylvania, including:
- Start your visit to Overly’s Country Christmas in Greensburg by driving past a spectacular Christmas light display before heading into the fairgrounds for holiday activities (and more lights).
- Head to Cranberry Heights to check out the Baker Family Christmas display.
- Explore the Tree of Lights at Conneaut Lake.