This Epic Train Ride In Philadelphia Will Give You An Unforgettable Experience
If you spend a lot of time in Philadelphia, chances are you’ve got a lot to say about trains in the city. SEPTA brings everyone’s opinionated side out, each of us has almost been run over by a trolley, and 30th Street Station is a landmark for giving directions and getting out of the city. But what if I told you that one of the most incredible scenic train rides near Philadelphia is just north of the city, in the charming town of New Hope? If you’ve never taken a ride on the New Hope Railroad, you’ve got to make plans to go.
Tickets to these trains sell out quickly, so check the Railroad Schedule and plan your unforgettable trip on this historic train near Philadelphia with friends or family. There’s nothing like it, particularly when the leaves begin to change colors next month!
If you’re done googling “train rides near me” thanks to this article, but still looking for some exciting and out-of-the-box activities to try in Philadelphia, we recommend taking a look at Airbnb Experiences. The fun never ends when you’re taking classes, eating meals, and going on thrilling adventures designed by fun locals.
More to Explore
Discover Scenic Pennsylvania
What are the best scenic train rides in Philadelphia that I can take?
The best way to enjoy beautiful scenery is on a train. You can just lay back, relax, and let the conductor do all of the work as the sights fly by. Some fun scenic train rides near Philly that you can try include:
- The Lehigh Gorge Scenic Railway offers multiple scenic rides on gorgeous vintage rail cars.
- Steam Into History offers an actual steam train ride into York that comes with historical reenactments.
- Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine & Steam Train is over 100 years old and gives you a glimpse into mining history as you ride.
Are there any day trips in Philadelphia that I can go on?
There are lots of options for exciting day trips in Philadelphia. Pack fun snacks and get on the road ASAP with one of the following options:
- Ringing Rocks State Park is sure to take your breath away.
- Collingswood is a little outside the city but it's the perfect foody town.
- The Insectarium is a touch creepy but so fascinating. The kids will love the butterfly pavilion.
Can I take any scenic hikes in Philadelphia?
There is lots of natural beauty in Philly just waiting to be admired and the best way to do just that is on foot. Check out these awesome scenic hikes in Philadelphia for some good times in the fresh air:
- John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge offers tons of wide open green space and miles of trails to traverse only 20 minutes from the center city.
- Wissahickon Valley Park has waterfalls, forested areas, and even some fishing areas if you want to take a break from hiking the multiple miles of trails.
- At White Clay Creek State Park, you will feel like you've descended into a fairytale forest as you trek amongst the trees, and, of course, there is the park's namesake stream if you want to take a dip.