Pennsylvania August 07, 2015
10 Reasons Why People From Pennsylvania Are Unbelievably Tough
One of the most admirable qualities that communities have is tenacity: the ability to not only forge onwards, but thrive, despite obstacles and bad/weird/smelly circumstances. Here are some reasons why Pennsylvanians can be considered some of the toughest people in the country.
1. We come from the land of the ice and the snow.
Pennsylvanians are adept at dealing with the coldest winters.
2. Our taxes are sky high.
Pennsylvania is one of the states with higher than average income and land tax.
3. We're used to driving long distances.
In much of Pennsylvania, things are located far apart... There is no walking to buy milk.
4. Our industries have undergone radical changes.
Many of our fathers and grandfathers have dealt with the consequences of steel mills shutting down.
5. We can handle competition.
The major sports teams in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are naturally pitted against one another.
6. For a long time, the most haunted house in the nation was located in Pittsburgh.
The Congelier House, also known as the House on Ridge Avenue, will send shivers down your spine once you read its
, just like it terrified the inhabitants of Pittsburgh for years.
Summer is like living in a steamy shower.
8. We've pioneered many of our nations firsts.
9. Pennsylvania has the highest amount of registered hunters in the country.
Better watch out when you're in the woods, because there might be camouflaged men stalking a cute innocent little Bambi.
10. We can deal with boredom.
Yes, we Pennsylvanians are adept at entertaining ourselves.
What other reasons would you add to the list? Share in the comments below.