10 Reasons Pennsylvania Is The Best Place To Grow Old And Awesome
If you truly love your home, you’ll want to stay there forever. If you call Pennsylvania your home, then there are tons of reasons to stay; and even if you live elsewhere, PA is a great state for retirement. Here are some reasons why this state is truly great to grow old…
1. In 2015, Kiplinger's List ranked Pennsylvania the
fourth best state for retirement in the U.S.
2. More specifically AARP ranked
Philadelphia one of the ten most livable U.S. cities for people aged 50+.
3. Pennsylvania is an ideal place for history buffs to reside, with its numerous landmarks such as Independence Hall, the Gettysburg Battlefield, and more.
4. Pennsylvania is one of the only states where retirement income is exempt from income tax. That means pensions, IRA distributions, and social security is not taxed.
5. Pennsylvania's cost of living is slightly lower than the national average, especially when compared to its neighbors like New York and New Jersey.
6. We enjoy some of the country's most gorgeous outdoor lands, from mountains, to fields, to lake, streams, mountains, forests, and hills. Pennsylvania has over 100 state parks.
7. Not only do great sports teams call PA their home, but we get to enjoy an east/west rivalry between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh.
8. Some of the country's most coveted golf courses are located here, such as Jack Frost National Golf Club, which is one of the most popular mountain golf courses.
9. All four seasons lay claim to the state, creating a variety of different weather throughout the year, from crunchy autumn leaves to sweltering summer afternoons.
10. Finally, Pennsylvania is within close proximity to other exciting places, such as New York City, Washington, D.C., and Columbus, Ohio.
What else would you add? Share your thoughts in the comment section.
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.