Take A 2-Hour Drive Through Pennsylvania To See This Year's Beautiful Fall Colors
Let’s go on a drive today, PA! Remember the good old days when long, leisurely drives were the way we spent our Sundays? That tradition seems to have gone by the wayside, unfortunately, but that doesn’t mean we can’t revive it for special occasions, right? Hit the road on this two-hour fall drive in Pennsylvania that provides sweeping views of the fall foliage. Longhouse National Scenic Byway is about to become your new favorite drive to take when you want a break and are ready to go for a lovely adventure. Get ready to go on the best scenic drive in Pennsylvania during the most beautiful season of the year.
What is your favorite fall foliage drive in Pennsylvania? Have you had the opportunity to make this drive in the autumn? What about other drives? Join the conversation in the comments and tell us all about your favorite experiences! There is no better way to fully enjoy the beauty of fall in Pennsylvania than a scenic drive with lovely views of the landscape. If you are getting ready to head out, don’t forget to check out some of the Best Road Trip Snacks: 50 On-The-Go Food Ideas.
Take a closer look at what makes the Longhouse National Scenic Byway so beautiful:
More to Explore
Outdoors in Pennsylvania
What are the best state parks in Pennsylvania?
The best state parks in Pennsylvania are so beautiful and full of life that you will want to stay for days at a time. Head out on your next outdoor adventure soon!
- Presque Isle State Park at Lake Erie
- Archibald Pothole State Park in Archibald
- Worlds End State Park in Forksville
- Big Pocono State Park in Tannersville
- Buchanan's Birthplace State Park in Fort Loudon
- Cherry Springs State Park in Coudersport
- Greenwood Furnace State Park near Pittsburgh
- Kinzua Bridge State Park in Mt. Jewett
- Salt Springs State Park in Susquehanna County
What are the most beautiful lakes in Pennsylvania?
The most beautiful lakes in Pennsylvania are some of the prettiest places to go in the state. You are going to love each and every one of them. Start planning your trip now!
- Marsh Creek Lake in Downingtown
- Gouldsboro Lake
- Whipple Dam State Park
- Lake Wallenpaupack
- Presque Isle State Park in Erie
- Raystown Lake
- Arrowhead Lake
What are the best hikes in Pennsylvania?
The best hikes in Pennsylvania vary in their difficulty and terrain, so there is definitely something for everyone on this list. Enjoy the beautiful views no matter which one you choose.
- Mount Minsi via the Appalachian Trail
- Falls Trail at Ricketts Glen State Park
- Appalachian Trail, Pinnacle Trail, Valley Rim, and Pulpit Rock
- Hawk Falls Trail in Kidder Township
- Ferncliff Trail in Ohiopyle
- Chickies Rock Overlook Trail in West Hempfield Township
- Thousand Steps Trail in Mapleton
- Old Logger's Path in Canton
- Clark Run Rager Mountain Loop Trail in Ogle Township
- Susquehanna Riverwalk
- Parker Dam Boardwalk Trail in Penfield
- Lake Border Trail in Blue Marsh National Recreation Area
- Mount Davis Highpoint Trail in Meyersdale
- Raymondskill Falls Loop Trail in Dingman Township
- Little Falls Trail in Promised Land State Park
- Wissahickon Creek Gorge Trail in Philadelphia
- Ringing Rocks Trail in Upper Black Eddy
- Full White Trail Loop in Media