This Year-Round Campground Is One Of America’s Most Incredible Dark Sky Parks In Oregon
Oregon is a place for dreamers, as we have some of the best stargazing in the country. Our dark sky parks reign supreme, and we even have some that are open for camping year-round! One such stargazing unicorn is Prineville Reservoir State Park. Located near Bend, Prineville Reservoir State Park is the first Oregon State Park to have a spot designated as a dark sky campground, and the views here are positively perfect. Pack a backpack and get ready for an epic stargazing experience at this wondrous natural spot you won’t soon forget!
You can learn more information about the park and the campground on the official state park website,
Have you visited Prineville Reservoir State Park for stargazing before? If so, what was your favorite part? This really is something every Oregonian needs to do at least once. We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below!
For more out-of-this-world stargazing in Oregon, definitely check out this bucket-list-worthy destination.
If you’re still in the mood for more fun in Oregon, how about visiting beautiful Cannon Beach & Haystack Rock as shown in this video:
OnlyInYourState may earn compensation through affiliate links in this article.
Adventures in Oregon
Where can we enjoy scenic views in Oregon?
- Ecola Point located in Ecola State Park offers stunning views of the Tillamook Rock Lighthouse, the iconic Haystack Rock, and further afield.
- The Salt Creek Falls Viewing Platform in the Cascades looks down over these spectacular falls, offering views that are nothing short of miraculous.
- Watchman Peak located on the Watchman Peak Trail has a historic fire lookout tower where you can see jaw-dropping views of Crater Lake.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other picturesque places to enjoy scenic views in Oregon.
Where can we find steakhouses in Oregon?
- The RingSide Steakhouse in Portland is an old-school steakhouse that has been a city institution since 1944.
- The Snaffle Bit Dinner House in John Day is known far and wide for its 21-day dry-aged cuts of beef that make the most mouthwatering steak.
- The Best Little Roadhouse in Salem not only has great steaks, but outstanding burgers and other prime cuts of meat.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other delicious steakhouses in Oregon.
Where can we find breweries in Oregon?
- The Fort George Brewery in Astoria serves up a wide variety of beers and also offers tours of the brewery facility.
- The Better Living Room by Ninkasi Brewing (commonly called Ninkasi Brewing) in Eugene has a beer tasting room and offers behind-the-scenes brewery tours.
- The Deschutes Brewery, which has several locations in the Bend area, has been a city favorite for years and makes some of the best brews in the state.
Read on to learn more about some of the many other fantastic breweries in Oregon.