Oregon January 15, 2017
11 Things Every Oregonian Wants The Rest Of The Country To Know
Oregonians are a unique bunch, and one thing pretty much all of us share is our deep appreciation for the beautiful Beaver State. From our love of the great outdoors to our amazing food scenes, here are 11 defining things you should know about Oregon:
11. We do things a little differently here.
We aren't afraid to be ourselves, and we hope you will do the same!
10. Oregon isn't all forests and mountains.
In fact, much of the Oregon landscape is made up of stunning deserts.
9. We're always up for an adventure.
With so much amazing scenery to explore, we'd rarely pass up an opportunity to get outdoors.
8. We love great food.
From romantic fine dining restaurants to amazing hole-in-the-walls and food carts, Oregon has incredible food scenes.
7. Portland is amazing, but so are our small towns.
Just because they're harder to find doesn't mean they should be overlooked.
6. We love our sports teams.
The Ducks, the Beavers, the Timbers, the Trailblazers... Sports lovers in Oregon back their teams with fervor.
5. We love and respect the great outdoors, in all its beautiful ruggedness.
Oregon is full of miles and miles of stunning terrain and natural wonders.
4. We're environmentally conscious.
And we hope you are, too.
3. The coast may not be particularly sunny, but it's out-of-this-world beautiful.
Sunsets on the coast are positively magical.
2. We brew the best beer.
Oregon is full of tons of amazing, award-winning breweries and microbreweries that beer lovers go nuts for. Not to mention our incredible wine....
1. The beauty of Oregon is beyond comparison.
Overall, Oregon is basically too good to be true.
Find out about the
12 towns in Oregon you should visit in 2017.