Portland May 13, 2016
13 Reasons Living In Portland Is The Best – And Everyone Should Move Here
A book could be written about why Portland is the best city to live in. Living in Portland gives you the opportunity to be able to live in an urban setting, but be within miles of wildlife and multiple bodies of water. There’s a lot more reasons to live in Portland, and reasons why everyone is moving here.
1. Portland residents and restaurants try their best to buy locally to keep the "farm to table" practice going.
2. Portland has a spectacular public transportation system, and it's only getting better.
In 2015, the city opened Tilikum Crossing, which is a bridge strictly for Trimet, pedestrians, and bicyclists only.
3. Portland loves art.
We even go out of the way to have art festivals all over the city, throughout the year.
4. There's delicious craft beer.
5. We're extremely bike friendly.
Rain or shine.
6. Yes, it rains. No, it's not that bad.
Yes, you can use an umbrella.
7. There's stellar coffee everywhere.
Stumptown is one of the best, but there are so many delicious Portland-based roasters.
8. You can find a food cart in virtually every neighborhood.
Tasty, quick, and a huge range of selection.
9. Taking care of the Earth is extremely important to us.
We compost too!
10. We don't have to pump our own gas.
It provides jobs and we don't have to get out of our cars. It's a win-win!
11. There are lucious forests and state parks with glorious hikes in whichever direction you drive.
12. Portlanders love their music.
Not only do we have music venues everywhere, but you'll even see people performing on the streets.
13. Last but certainly not least, Portland is just a drive away from waterfalls, mountains, and the ocean, which makes living in the city all the more desirable.
Why do you live in Portland? Any other reasons you would add to the list?