Portland January 30, 2017
17 Things Everyone Who’s Moved Away From Portland Has Thought At Least Once
Just because you left the city, doesn’t mean it ever leaves you. Portland is a hard city to shake, mainly because it is so great. We have a lot going for us here in the City of Roses, and anyone who has left has surely thought these things.
1. Where's the mountain?
It's hard to look east and not see Mt Hood on a clear day.
2. Where can I get a good donut?
It's even harder to find a Blue Star donut, or another that tastes as good.
3. Need great Pho now.
You probably have thought about a great bowl of pho and where you can find one where you are.
4. And speaking of Pho, a food cart would be great right now.
If you moved to a food cart free city, you definitely miss these. If your city has food carts, they surely aren't as good as Portland's.
5. Great parks...
We really have some amazing parks.
6. When will it rain already?
Sure, everyone complains about the rain, but after it is sunny for too long, you really do start to miss it.
7. Nature is so close.
You never have to go to far in Portland to be immersed in nature.
8. Portland fans are the best.
No one cheers louder than Portlanders.
9. One more summer day Oaks Park...
And nothing beats a day riding the Scream'n Eagle and Disk'O and going roller skating.
10. Spring isn't the wame without the Rose Festival.
Whether you like the fair, parades or fireworks, this rite of spring is hard not to miss.
11. Summer isn't the same without Oregon fruit.
Oregon strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, apples, cherries, and peaches are pretty delicious.
12. No one does summer ...
River swimming is awesome.
13. Or winter quite like Portland.
14. Powell's would be great right now.
Wandering the aisles can take hours.
15. Brunch would be pretty amazing too...
This important meal is so amazing in Portland.
16. Full service gas stations are the business.
Sitting in your car while someone else pumps your gas is really a lovely treat.
17. Portland beer...
Hopefully you can find some wherever you are.
If you have moved away, what do you miss? Let us know in the comments below.