Oregon December 18, 2016
12 Reasons Why You Should Never, Ever Move To Oregon
Oregon is unlike any other place in the world. The Beaver State’s beautiful scenery, amazing food, and unique culture isn’t for everyone, however. Here are 12 (mostly unconvincing) reasons that might make you think again before moving to the state of Oregon:
12. It rains. A lot.
Of course, not everywhere in Oregon is rainy, but if you're planning on living anywhere near the coast or the Willamette Valley, you'd better be ready for some raindrops.
11. There's too many amazing local beers to choose from.
Oregon is home to countless amazing breweries and microbreweries.
10. ...Let alone restaurants.
Dieters, beware. The state of Oregon is basically a foodie heaven.
9. You'll be spoiled by all the stunning natural scenery.
Mountains, rivers, forests, deserts, lakes, beaches, prairies...
8. Traffic in the cities can be extremely frustrating.
The traffic in Portland can be terrible, and Oregonians as a whole tend to drive slow (AKA the speed limit).
7. We wear sweaters at the beach.
...But man oh man is it beautiful...
6. You'll be convinced to start buying local.
After trying the local produce and handmade products here in Oregon, you won't want to go back to shopping at the big-box stores.
5. You WILL end up with at least one flannel shirt.
Trust me on this one.
4. You'll be daunted by all the amazing hiking opportunities.
No matter where you are in Oregon, you won't be far from tons of amazing hiking trails and natural wonders.
3. You'll likely even need to invest in a new pair of hiking boots.
2. You’ll find it hard to leave the state on vacations, given that Oregon is home to so many different kinds of landscapes and biomes, from deserts and forests to mountains and beaches.
There's so many amazing places to explore right here in the Beaver State.
1. You might never want to leave.
For many of us, Oregon will always be home, sweet home.
Check out our Ultimate Oregon Bucket List