Oregon January 20, 2017
13 Things Everyone Who’s Moved Away From Oregon Has Thought At Least Once
It’s not easy to leave a place as beautiful as Oregon. The Beaver State is enchanting through and through, so even those who move away may catch themselves day dreaming about the unique smell of Oregon rain from time to time. If you are living out of state, but consider yourself an Oregonian at heart, these 13 nostalgic thoughts have probably crossed your mind at one point or another:
13. Nothing else quite compares to an Oregon sunset.
They're like a dream come true.
12. Where are all the mountains?
No matter where you are in Oregon, it's likely that you'll be able to see a stunning mountain peak on the horizon if it's a clear day.
11. You may find yourself missing all the amazing food and hidden gem restaurants.
That feeling when you desperately crave your favorite neighborhood restaurant...
10. Because where else can you get such fresh, delicious ingredients?
There are two main things that makes Oregon's food culture so awesome: the talented chefs, and the amazing produce.
9. There's something special about summers in Oregon, that can't be duplicated anywhere else.
Summers in Oregon are beyond magical.
8. You might find youself missing the ocean....
7. ....and the dense, magical forests…
6. ….and the wide open fields and deserts....
5. ....and the comforting smell of rain.
4. From wind surfing and mountain climbing to hiking and skiing, there are few activities you can't do in Oregon.
Outdoor enthusiasts may have a hard time finding another place with such amazing, abundant outdoor recreation opportunities.
3. Where are all the waterfalls?
Here in Oregon, many of us are used to seeing tons of gorgeous waterfalls on a regular basis. We may even take it for granted.
2. Nowhere else in the world is quite so vibrantly green.
Much of Oregon is made up of gorgeous rolling hills, rugged mountains, and mesmerizing deserts, but the green parts are so intensely lush and green you may find yourself dreaming of the color for years to come.
1. Oregon will always be home, sweet home.
Simply put, Oregon is a very special place.
Craving a trip to Oregon now? Check out our list of the
12 charming towns everyone in Oregon should visit in 2017.