This Remote Lake In Oregon Is Also The Most Peaceful
The Pacific Northwest is home to some of the country’s most beautiful lakes, with Oregon particularly flush with these clear-blue oases. While you’ll find these cerulean blue bodies of water all across the Beaver State, there are some that require a bit more effort and planning to access. But as the saying goes, all good things require effort, and believe us when we say that this body of water is also one of the most beautiful lakes in Oregon … and it is well worth seeking out. Check out this remote place in Oregon that deserves a spot on your bucket list — Lake Simtustus.
Lake Simtustus really is one of the most resplendent natural wonders in the Beaver State!
Have you been to this remote lake in Oregon before? If so, which part was your favorite? We’d love to read about your experience in the comments section below! And, don’t forget to let us know what you consider to be the most beautiful places in Oregon!
Do you like to kayak? If so, be sure to read about the best kayaking lake in Oregon you may never have heard of before. And before you head to the lake, make sure you have all the gear you need! Visit REI for all of your outdoor needs.
If you’re still in the mood for more outdoor Oregon adventures, take a look at this video about an exciting trek from Bend to the Alvord Desert:
More to Explore
Adventures in Oregon
Where can we find other lakes in Oregon?
- Clear Lake in Linn County is the place to go for freshwater diving.
- Lake Billy Chinook in Jefferson County offers boating, water skiing, and other water recreation activities.
- Lost Lake the Mount Hood National Forest is popular for camping, hiking, swimming, and kayaking.
Learn more about the many other beautiful lakes in Oregon.
Where can we find picturesque places in Oregon?
- The Columbia River Gorge is highlighted by sheer, towering cliffs and a winding river.
- Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach is one of the most visited spots in the state for photographs.
- The Painted Hills in the central part of the state show off millions of years of erosion that brought it to where it is today.
Learn more about the other picturesque places in Oregon.
Where can we find places to go fishing in Oregon?
- The Deschutes River offers some of the best trout streams in the country.
- Diamond Lake is an ideal destination for rainbow trout.
- Eagle Creek features coho salmon and steelhead trout.
Learn more about the other great places to go fishing in Oregon.