Take The Shady Hobbit Trail In Oregon To Reach A Beautiful, Secluded Beach
The hiking trails along Oregon’s 363 miles of coastline offer lush forests, incredible overlooks, and gorgeous beaches, and you could spend years exploring them all. The shady little Hobbit Trail near Florence takes you to beautiful, secluded Hobbit Beach in Florence, Oregon, and the short journey will make you feel as though you’re in a J.R.R. Tolkien novel. This is one of the best hiking trails in Oregon.
Take a look at beawutiful Hobbit Beach:
Have you hiked Hobbit Trail? We’d love to hear about your adventure in the comments!
For another beautiful stroll along Oregon’s coastline, check out this riverwalk trail in Astoria.
More to Explore
Wonderful Attractions in Oregon
What are the most amazing historical landmarks in Oregon?
The most amazing historical landmarks in Oregon include:
- Kam Wah Chung Heritage Site. This is a museum showing a Chinese apothecary that was originally built in the 1870s.
- Fort Astoria. Also known as Fort George, this fort was built in 1811 and was the main trading post for the Pacific Fur Company.
- End of the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center. This is the location of the end of the Oregon Trail in Oregon City.
- The Peter Iredale Shipwreck. The remaining bits of the massive ship called the Peter Iredale can be found on the beach near Hammond.
Find out more about the most amazing historical landmarks in Oregon.
What are the best lesser-known attractions in Oregon?
The best lesser-known attractions in Oregon include:
- Terwilliger Hot Springs. These hot springs in the Willamette National Forest are a wonderful place to soak and relax.
- Toketee Falls. This stupendous waterfall on the Umpqua River is set into basalt cliffs and is surrounded by tall, lush trees.
- The Oregon Garden. This is a collection of over 20 specialty gardens that cover an entire 80 acres and is simply stunning.
- Opal Creek. This creek is filled with turquoise waters and has several lovely waterfalls and swimming holes.
Learn more about the best lesser-known attractions in Oregon.
What are some hidden gem attractions in Oregon?
Some of the hidden gem attractions in Oregon include:
- Pendleton Underground. This is an entire underground city that is over 100 years old and is full of history.
- The Pillars of Rome. These amazing rock formations in Malheur County look like something from another planet.
- Tree to Tree Adventure Park. Come here to walk along suspension bridges high up in the trees and do some ziplining.
- Steens Mountain. This beautiful area is where you can watch wild horses roaming around the countryside.
Discover more about these and other hidden gem attractions in Oregon.