Oregon January 27, 2016
17 Things You Can Only Brag About If You’re From Oregon
There are so many reasons to fall in love with Oregon. The stunning scenery, the amazing food and drinks, the culture, the countryside… Here are 17 awesome things that Oregonians love to brag about—and for good reason.
17. The Oregon coast is absolutely amazing, and the beaches are all public.
Here's a photo of Haystack Rock at Cannon Beach.
16. Marionberry pie.
Flickr/ Chelsea Nesvig
Marionberries were invented in the 1950s in Marion County, and have been an Oregon favorite ever since. Nowhere else will you find a pie as perfectly tart and sweet, with a buttery crust and berries just barely spilling out in their dark, fruity splendor...
15. Oregon is home to some incredible natural wonders.
Oregon is home to the deepest lake in the country, the largest sea lion cave in the world, one of the tallest waterfalls in the country, and many other incredible natural wonders.
14. We have AMAZING beer.
...And lots of it! Oregon has a huge amount of independent breweries.
13. 'The Goonies' was filmed in Oregon.
Who doesn't love The Goonies?
12. We have awesome sports teams.
The Ducks, The Beavers, The Timbers, The Pilots, The Blazers... the list goes on.
11. We have delicious coffee.
What's your favorite local roaster?
10. Oregon has more ghost towns than any other state in the country.
There are so many interesting places to discover.
9. Oregon is home to arguably the best bookstore in the world.
Powell's City of Books is an amazing bookstore in Portland, and it's the largest independent bookstore in the world.
8. The Columbia River Gorge is said to be one of the best places in the world for windsurfing.
If you want to pick up windsurfing, this is the place to do it.
7. Oregon has beautiful forests....
6. Incredible mountains...
5. Bucolic farmland....
4. Awesome cities...
3. Delightful small towns...
2. Magical deserts....
1. And stunning shorelines.
Oregon is a wonderful place to call home.
What are some other things that make you proud to be an Oregonian?